Chapter 20 - Someone's Watching

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

This is still the idea from Rose_4_you and it probably will for a while so thank you for suggesting this idea! <3

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

(Y/N) POV

I felt light headed but I ignored it, now was not the time to worry about that. Everyone followed Aphmau out of the house and towards the tree where Garroth was. I was worried about Zane. I didn't know him but the voice inside my head was telling me to run.. was I running from him? Maybe he wasn't really a bad person, maybe people were just judging him. I doubt it, though.. people here wouldn't lie about that. I trusted the people in Phoenix Drop, they were so nice and I felt like we were family.

We finally made it to the tree, it felt like forever to me, probably because I was thinking about other things the whole time. I was starting to have a headache thinking this much, worrying this much. I didn't feel god at all, the world felt like it was crushing me. I stepped closer to Levin and pulled on his sleeve. He looked down at me, "(Y/N) are you okay? You look kind of pale.." I shook my head no and looked up at him, "I..um.. got some weird memories from my past." He stared at me, "Is it bad?" I nodded, "Zane. I know him. Well, not really, I haven't met him before but my mom mentioned him when I was little. She said her and my dad had to make a deal with O'Khasis to make sure their village and ours were on good terms. The deal was that I had to marry their son, Zane when I got older." His eyes widened, "So that means your parents had a village." "Yes." "What happened to it?" I looked down to the floor, "I don't know.."

I did know, but I don't know who attacked it. It went down in flames but who started the fire? Maybe it was O'Khasis.. we heard they were powerful and that was probably why my parents wanted to be on good terms with them. Levin took my hand and squeezed it causing me to look up at him. He gave me a reassuring smile, "Don't worry I'm here now. I will protect you." I returned a weak smile and looked ahead to Aphmau. She was hugging Garroth, it didn't look like she wanted to let go. I got chills up my spine when Garroth met eye contact with me. I also gave him a weak smile but looked away afterward. Aphmau let go of him and Garroth walked towards me, "You're the one that I saw in that world other than Aphmau." I nodded still holding onto Levin's hand. He looked beside me and at Levin, "Is that you, Levin?! You've grown so much! Aphmau told me that you were now the lord of Phoenix Drop." He smiled at him, "Yep! It's nice to see you again Garroth, especially after so long." He let go of my hand to hug Garroth.

I felt like someone was watching us. It was a weird feeling, the feeling like someone was watching you. I looked at Garroth and finally said something, "Garroth do you know any villages that your parents made deals with when you were little? You know like.. engagement?" I shook his head no, "I didn't really listen to those kinds of things when I was little." I looked down and mumbled a thank you before walking over to Aphmau.