Chapter Seven // California and Babysitting Declan

Start from the beginning

"Can you help me with something?" Brendon asked and I shrugged.

"Depends, I'm not going to scratch your ass," I smiled.

"No," Brendon shook his head laughing. "Patrick needs a babysitter and everyone's busy besides us..."

"Of course," I smiled.

"Okay good because I already said yes," Brendon chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

"How am I not surprised?" I giggled, and Brendon pecked my lips.

A Bit Later

We got to Patrick's, and Elisa opened the door with a dress and heels on. "Thank-you guys for doing this! It means a lot!" Elisa chirped.

"Yeah, sure," Brendon smiled. "Where's the Fall Out Baby?"

"Patrick's changing him, but come on in!" Elisa smiled.

We walked into the house and soon Patrick walked down the stairs hand in hand with Declan.

"Declan, this is Uncle Brendon and Aunt Ellie, you probably don't remember Uncle Brendon, and you've never met Aunt Ellie, but they're going to take care of you tonight, okay bud?" Patrick picked up Declan, and Declan smiled at Patrick.

"Okay Daddy," Declan gleamed.

Patrick and Elisa hugged Declan, then left with a wave.

Brendon started playing with Declan, and I got the note Elisa wrote about everything that Declan does and needs, and where it is.

"He's so cute," Brendon smiled as Declan drug a little car around the wood floors, his feet tapping as he goes.

"Babies are, but I don't want more then one," I laughed and Brendon turned to me.

"Why didn't you have any with Garret?" Brendon asked.

"When we started trying he was diagnosed with leukemia," I explained.

"So it was for the best overall that you didn't get pregnant?" Brendon smiled, and I nodded.

"Yeah," I smiled. "It was."

"Do you think we would've met if you had a kid?" Brendon questioned and I shook my head.

"I wouldn't have been at Barnes and Noble, I probably would've been at home," I answered, "nope."

"Then I'm happy you didn't have a infant," Brendon chuckled, and Declan sat beside me on the couch.

"When will Mommy and Daddy be home?" Declan asked sweetly.

"In a couple hours, it'll go by quickly, I promise," I smiled and Declan nodded.

"Can I show you my dinosaur collection?!" Declan asked excitedly, and I nodded.

Brendon wrapped his arm around me as we followed Declan up the stairs.

"This is my room!" Declan opened the door and it was adorable; the walls were painted green and he had rugs with dinosaurs on them.

"Oh wow," Brendon chuckled. "Declan it's very manly!" Brendon laughed and Declan made muscles on himself.

"Because I'm a man, Uncle Brendon!" Declan smiled. "Follow me!"

Declan showed us his toy chest, and he crawled inside, showing us dinosaurs. "This one's name is Uncle Joe, Daddy told me to name him that! And this one's name is Elton, Daddy also told me to name him that!"

"Is there a girl?" Brendon asked and Declan pulled out a blue dinosaur.

"This is Mommy!" Declan giggled, making Brendon and I laugh.

"And then... Where's Uncle Andy?" Declan asked himself, and he jumped out of the chest and looked around.

"Found him!" Declan pulled a dark blue dinosaur, hugging him close. "Uncle Andy is my favorite!"

"Aunt Ellie is my favorite," Brendon responded, and kissed my cheek, my cheeks turning red.

"I'll name this one Aunt Ellie! This one can be Uncle Brendon!" Declan handed us two dinosaurs.