"How about Mrs Hemmings?" You responded with a cocked eyebrow, shutting the girl right up in the middle of her outburst. You knew that that status had stopped being official the second Luke scribbled down his name on the divorce papers, but you simply couldn't allow an opportunity to see his girlfriend's jaw drop to the floor slip by. You always loved seeing his bimbos both furious and ashamed at the same time.

She stared at you for a second, blinking rapidly as she tried to gather her thoughts before loudly proclaiming. "Mrs Hemm— Luke is not married. No. He told me he's not—"

You sneered at her. "Luke?" You asked in a mocking tone, an amused smirk permanently decorating your lips, as you stared at the girl slightly appalled at the fact that Luke would allow his girlfriends to call him by his first name in the work place. "What are you – my husband's buddy? Or wait, let me guess – you two are fucking?" You grinned victoriously. "Ah, how typical! Sleeping with your own boss. Now, do you really think that's a good path to take in the beginning of your career?" You tutted with a soft shake of your head in disapproval.

Taking a step forward, you spoke up again in a threateningly lowered voice. "Let me tell you something, darling. Luke is married – in fact he has been for the past five years. Of course, you've only been working here for a couple of months – if not weeks – so I don't expect you to know much. But maybe next time check with your records before you come shouting at your own boss, okay?" You offered her a patronising smile, as your voice lowered into almost a whisper. "Now, I know my husband's a goddamn office slut and I know you sincerely thought he liked you. But trust me when I say this, you're not the first one in his bed, but I am definitely the last one."

The girl swallowed, her figure slumping more and more with every word you spoke, which only made the smirk on your face grow bigger.

"Now, if you don't get out of my goddamn way, I will fire your stupid uneducated ass that you tried so hard to show off in that tacky little skirt. And next time remember," you paused for a moment, stepping aside and walking around the girl. "It's Mrs Hemmings," you finished, finally pushing the glass door open and walking into Luke's office.

"Good morning, hubby."

You plastered a wide grin on your face, as you stopped just a few steps into the office, knowing very well that the girl was scurrying right behind you to tattle you out.

Slowly, Luke lifted his gaze up to look at you through furrowed eyebrows. He was stood by one of his desks in the corner of his office, completely oblivious to the shenanigans that were happening just outside the office door. His posture was slumped and his face was blank of emotion, except for the crease in between his eyebrows that showed off confusion.

The secretary ran in merely a second later, stopping only when she stood a foot away from Luke. "Mr Hemmings, I did everything to stop her! But she said she was your wife and I know you're not married but she threatened to fire—"

"Leave," Luke blurted out to her, his inspecting gaze leaving your face only for a second to glare at the babbling girl in front of him. "And close the door behind you. And the drapes," he quickly added before the girl left, as he turned back to the pile of papers on his desk.

You grinned at Luke's words. "Wow, are we going to do something naughty that nobody else can know about?" You spoke, walking over to his main desk in the centre of his office, quickly glancing over the huge windows behind it to admire the view of the city. You had just placed your coat and your bag on his desk chair, before his voice made you turn around to look at him.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Luke's voice sounded bored and uninterested, and even though his words weren't the most warming ones, you still expected at least a tingle of excitement to sound in his tone. You walked over to him and threw a small brown paper bag over the document he was reading, without saying a word to him.