For a second, you almost felt like you were about to slap him for his words, but you simply cocked an eyebrow at him instead. "If that's what it takes to get you to divorce me, I'll be whatever you want, baby," you spoke in a low, seductive voice to him.

Luke barely even reacted, his eyes fixed on you, but you could swear you saw a hint of disgust twist his face. You winked at him, sitting down on the sofa. Except what Luke didn't see was that your nails dug into the skin of your palms, your emotions ready to spill out any second.

"When did you become like this?" Luke voice was hoarse and soft through the dimly lit room. He was still standing in the same place, watching you drape your arm over the back of the sofa with a smirk.

"I was always like this, baby, you just –"

"You were never like this."

"Fine. I became like this when we broke up," you answered with an eye roll.

Luke scoffed with a shake of his head, sitting down on the footstool. "Except we never did. You just bailed."

You sighed, getting tired of the same arguments. "I didn't bail –"

"Fine. You left."

It was silent for a moment. Clearly, Luke was drowning in the sea of thought, his head bowed down, as his arms rested on his knees, his hands interlocked together. But you simply sat there, waiting for his questions.

"Did you run away with him? Or for him?"

"Luke –"

"Did you? Did you already know him, when you left me here all alone? Did you run away together? Had you already slept with him, before you ran away?" Luke seemed exhausted. His eyes bored into yours, barely any readable expression on his face. "Is it Calum?" Luke wondered after a second of silence. You could have sworn his voice broke at the question.

Sighing, you tilted your head to the side in sympathy. "Luke, why are you doing this?" Your voice sounded just as tired as Luke looked.

"Is it? It is Calum, isn't it? Of course, it's him. Of course! I should have fucking known. He left the company right after you left, it all makes sense," Luke rambled, as he buried his head in his hands, his fingers intertwining in his hair. "He was my partner, you know? And my best fucking friend," you could barely make out his words from under his hands.

"It's not Calum," you spoke, making Luke's head shoot up.

"But you fucked him."

"And you fucked my best friend," you shot back immediately. Your words made Luke visibly stiffen up.

You cocked your head to the side, this time it wasn't just a sympathetic gesture, "I guess we're both sluts, huh?"

"Is that why you left?" He finally asked a question that was bothering him all night.

An excessive laugh left your lips in fake amusement. "No, she was a whore way before she fucked you."

"That's not what I'm asking," Luke argued calmly.

"Yes, it is."

"No. Did you leave because you slept with someone else?"

Your eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Luke, you fucked half of your female employees – not to mention my slutty friends – while we were still together. Do you honestly think I felt this guilty after having some fun myself for the first time in the five years of our marriage?"

He simply shrugged, bowing his head down again, burying himself in thought once more.

"See? This is exactly why you should sign the divorce papers. We're a horrible couple, Luke. We lie, we cheat, we fight. We do nothing but hurt each other. Don't you see? There is no point in staying married, when we choose ourselves over each other. We're too narcissistic to be married, we're too self-involved, we're –" you sighed instead of finishing your sentence. "Just sign the damned papers and get this over with, Luke," if Luke didn't know any better, he could've sworn your voice was pleading. You never pleaded.