Chapter 12

Hey, Love."

Draco pressed a kiss to Hermione's temple and sat down beside her at the library table.

"Hey," she mumbled, not looking up from her book.

"Earth to Hermione," he chuckled, snatching the book out of her hands.

She instantly thought back to the only other time he'd taken a book from her, and they'd ended up kissing, at this very table in fact.

The thought made her smile, and by the smirk on his face she knew he was remembering the same moment.

"Give me back my book Malfoy."

He smirked and waved it in front of her just as he'd done before.

She rolled her eyes and asked, "What are you doing here? I thought all you Slytherin were having a party for Pansy?"

Pansy had gotten her own clothing line, and had insisted on a celebration party. More than likely in an attempt to get Draco without Hermione.

He shrugged, "It's not fun without you there."

She blushed and looked over to the window. It was insane to think that he still got this type of reaction out of her after months of dating.

"So a library is fun?"

He chuckled, "No," he pulled her onto his lap, "But being here with you is."

She smiled and kissed him, her lips lingering over his for a moment.

"Ron told me that he wants to talk." she said softly.

Draco immediately tensed and pulled away from her.

"What?"

"Harry and Ginny are both going to be there." she said, in hopes of calming him down.

"Harry and Ginny," he repeated, "You mean Ginny who didn't even know it happened, and Harry who doesn't want you to tell anyone? Yeah, that'll be great."

She sighed, "It's not Ginny's fault she didn't know, and Harry did what he thought was best."

"Why are you even telling me this?" he asked standing up.

Hermione grabbed his hand, "Because I want you to be there." she said quietly.

Draco's eyebrows shot up, "What?"

"I just...I'd feel better if you were there."

He sighed and pulled her into a hug, kissing the top of her head, "Of course. When did he say he wanted to talk?"

"Tomorrow,"

He nodded, "Fine, but I make no promises."

"About what?"

"Not beating the shit out of him."

Hermione sighed, but was just content with the fact that he wasn't mad at her, and that he was going to be there with her.

She wouldn't admit it, but she was afraid of Ron. As much as she went around saying she was fine, and everything was okay, a lot of the time she wasn't fine and everything wasn't okay.

"Come on, we'll stay in your room tonight. The Slytherin Dungeons are a little too loud tonight." he whispered by her ear.

She nodded, "Okay,"

They headed upstairs to Gryffindor Tower together hand in hand, unaware of the figure that lurked in the darkness behind them, just waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike.