Chapter 9

I do believe I'm glad you all talked me into turning this into more than just a one shot...I rather like this (:

Enjoy, as I hope you already are. (:

Hermione was sitting in her now regular seat at the Slytherin table next to Draco, where she'd been sitting for the past week.

She'd successfully kept Ron away from her, and Draco away from Ron, but it was starting to get rather tiring. She knew that Draco was just trying to protect her, but she wanted the entire Ron fiasco behind her.

"So what's with you and Weasley?" asked Blaise, glancing between Draco and Hermione. "It seems like there's a lot more tension than there was before."

Hermione noticed Draco's jaw clench, and she quickly moved to change the subject, "He's just an arse. What else is new? Anyway, how's Quidditch practice going?"

That successfully got Blaise off the topic of Ron, and actually allowed Draco to relax.

"Quidditch is going pretty well. Hopefully we've trained enough to beat Gryffindor." Said Blaise, picking at his food.

Theo rolled his eyes, "Yeah right. We've beat them how many times? And they've beat us how many times?"

Hermione sighed, "Well maybe this game you guys will get lucky."

For a moment the boys stared at her, and then Draco smirked, "I do believe that was her way of wishing us good luck. Do you want us to win Love?"

She rolled her eyes and attempted to ignore him, but he moved closer, his hand on her thigh, "Well?"

"No, I don't want Slytherin to win..."

"But?" he prompted.

"But I hope that the best team wins."

"But you don't think that's us." Said Blaise.

Hermione fidgeted uncomfortably. "I didn't say that."

"Granger," said Draco, trying to figure out what it was that she wasn't telling him.

"Malfoy, I'm not discussing this. I don't know anything about Quidditch anyway." She said, attempting to brush it off.

He narrowed his eyes, "Tell me."

"Tell you what?"

"Whatever it is that you're hiding."

She sighed, "Sometimes Ron...he cheats."

Blaise spit pumpkin juice all over the table, and onto Hermione, causing her to jump up.

"That's disgusting. I'm going to go change. And if you tell a soul about him cheating I will hex your balls to Finland." She threatened.

Draco shot Theo and Blaise a look, before following Hermione to her room in Gryffindor tower.

"What the hell do you mean Ron cheats?"

"Sometimes he cheats. Sometimes." Said Hermione, trying to defend her ex-friend for some reason.

"How?"

"Liquid Luck."

Draco raised an eyebrow, "Is that how they always manage to win?"

"No," she snapped. "He doesn't always use it. And it's not like I condone it. The Quidditch team is very talented, but sometimes I guess they get worried that you're going to be better than them."

"We probably are." He said, deciding to drop it because Hermione had just dropped her wet blouse onto the ground in her bedroom.

She had on a silver lace bra and was currently rummaging through her closet for another shirt.