"Ron wants to talk to you."

Lavender stood in front of Draco and Hermione, her hand on her hip and a scowl on her face.

"About what?" asked Draco, his arm protectively wrapped around Hermione's waist.

"How should I know?" she spat. "He told me to come over here and tell you that, that's it." And with that she turned on her heel and headed back over to Ron.

Hermione squirmed uncomfortably under Ron's gaze, and Draco noticed.

"You don't have to go over there."

She took a deep breath, "I'll talk to him later."

With that she took his hand and they walked onto the dance floor.

He wrapped his arms around her waist, and she wrapped hers around his neck, lightly running her hands through the silky strands.

He bent his head and grazed his lips over her ear, "Did I tell you how stunning you look?"

She chuckled, "I think you might have mentioned it once or twice."

He nuzzled his face into her neck, while still managing to elegantly lead her through the dance as if he knew it in his sleep. Although considering the fact that he grew up wealthy, he very well may have known it in his sleep.

He pressed a soft kiss to her neck, and she sighed in contentment. He leaned back up and pressed a kiss to her lips, pulling away before any of the professors would notice.

The song came to an end and they walked over to get something to drink.

"Weasely's looking over here again." commented Draco.

Hermione sighed and followed his gaze, and sure enough Ron was watching her.

"I'm going to go talk to him."

Draco kissed her cheek and watched her carefully as she walked over to him.

He didn't like this one bit.

"Nice of you to finally come talk to me." snapped Ron.

"You're lucky I came at all after how you've been treating me." she fired back.

"Excuse me for not appreciating the fact that you're dating a Death Eater."

"He is not a Death Eater." she said through clenched teeth.

Ron laughed darkly, "Yeah, I'm sure he-"

"And who the hell are you to judge him. He's made some bad decisions, yes, but nothing that even compares to what you did." she said, trying to keep the images out of her mind.

"He's probably done-"

"No," she snapped, "He hasn't. He hasn't betrayed the people he loves."

"He doesn't love anybody, Hermione. Don't you get that? He'll use you until he gets bored."

"That assumption isn't for you or I to make. We don't know how he thinks or what he's feeling. Furthermore, you're in no position to judge anybody on what they do in regards to me." she snapped, completely infuriated that he had the nerve after what he'd done to try and comment on how Draco would treat her.

"Oh here we go again. When are you going to let that go?" he said, rolling his eyes.

"Let that go...let that go?" she asked, her voice rising, "I don't think that's something you just let go. You're lucky that I'm even speaking to you after-"

"Shut the fuck up." he said, grabbing her arm and yanking her towards him.

"What is wrong with you?" she hissed, trying to pull her arm out of his grip, but he didn't let go, instead he dug his fingers harder into her arm.