Back to Reality

Clementine coughed harshly. AJ coughed, too. It's a pretty chilly day, she thought. The stream water glistened in the broad daylight, and AJ couldn't help but try to catch tadpoles.
Life was good. It wasn't always, but it was for now. And that was good enough.
"Hey buddy, did you get one?" Clem whispered.
"Yeah, I even got a grasshopper for the fishy!" He said loudly-trying-to-be-quiet-though.
AJ was turning 5 next month, and Clementine had already started training him for all sorts of things including hunting, tracking, pick locking, fishing, shooting, running, and even medical things like stitching and wounds. The air was brushing against her face as she got tugged a bit by her fishing pole.
Fish.
Desperately, she pulled on the pole.
There it was! Fish. One for each of them.
"Come on AJ, time to go back to the cabin."
AJ yawned as he held Clementine's hand on the way home.
"Will it be like this forever, Clemmy?"
Clementine smiled, studying the ground. "I really hope so."
She unlocked her door and AJ ran in. He loved to practice shoot with paintball guns. He really loved to.
"Remember it's just a thing," she called heading into the kitchen.
Pow.
"I missed the very middle of the target, Clem." AJ yelled. "Keep both eyes opened, bud." She replied.
Doing the action, it worked. "Got it, Clemmy!"
She turned and smiled. "When we have more ammo we can practice with real bullets and guns!" She said, trying to get AJ's Ming off of the god forsaken world around them.
There were a few knocks at the door.
"Clem?" She grabbed two kitchen knives. She handed one to AJ as she walked by. "Get behind the couch in case it is someone. Probably just a walker, AJ." He hesitated, but followed instruction.  
Clementine slowly opened the door. It was a woman. She was clean. No blood stained clothes, fresh breathe, you name it. "Who are you ?l she managed to say.
"My name is Jady. Is it just you here?"
"Sure is. Very quiet, too." She laughed.
"I miss the loud traffic all the time  and I remember when I used to hate it." Jady spoke.
Sighing, Clementine asked the simple questions.
"Where's your camp, where's your people, and what's your real name?"
Jady stood still. "Firstly my camp is  a few miles south from here. And my people are at home. I had a partner, but  he broke his arm and leg in a car accident. And Jady is my name."
Clementine was froze by "car crash."
"Ah, I see. How many of you a are there?
Jady thought. "A lot. Maybe 5,6 dozens" Clem thought.
"any kids?" Jady nodded,
"Come back in 3" days. We'll be ready to leave by then." She smiled in j
Joy. "Thank you!" She called quietly. The figure called Jady had been gone for more than 30 minutes. "Am I gonna see more kids?"  AJ pondered.
"No, AJ. We're leaving in 29 days.." She warned.
AJ didn't argue.

{chapter 2 coming soon! Voting and comments always let me know you supports me and my work!thank you all💕💕💕💕}