Chapter 23 - Chaos and Disaster

So here is your Tuesday upload :) hope you like it <3 

This chapter is dedicated to @vampirechick99 for the funny and amazing couple name for nick and Alex - 'Nalex' <3 so cute :D

EDITED 28/06/2015

*******************************************************************************************

Chapter 23 – Chaos and Disaster

The next week went by in a blur of press conferences and arrangements. We would be moving out of the Ponala palace and into the Monoski palace at the end of the week. My head was filled with confusion and information as it had also been declared that I would become Queen of Monoski the day after my eighteenth birthday, as is tradition for all heirs of Monoski. This was a worrying thought that I hadn't been prepared for. Princess was one thing but Queen. Sir Posner assured me it would be no different than what I expected before other than a new title. Which was another thing that was being discussed, the council wanted me to change my last name from Stone to Veneziano but I wanted to keep my last name as it was. Everything was happening so fast and I felt like a rag doll being pulled and pushed to do what everyone wanted.

I had hardly seen my family in the last three days, I was constantly dragged along with the Ponala royal family for interviews and public events to introduce me into the public eye. I avoided Nick at all times and he always stayed emotionless and detached from me.

We were currently being interviewed for the Spanish media and we sat before five reporters who asked question after question, most of which were answered for me my Sir Posner.

"Princess Alexis, What is the one thing you are looking forward to after taking the throne and becoming Queen?" asked one reporter and I was snapped out of my thoughts to answer her question,

"I'm excited to return to my country and help my people who have had such a hard seventeen years. I just hope I can make them proud and happy as their Queen" I said the last word sounding strange from my mouth.

"Thank you, no more questions" Sir Posner said much to the reporter's dismay.

"Picture time" Prince Richardo whispered in my ear as he stood beside me, smiling as the camera flashed. I'd gotten use to these interviews and photographs, a few I had taken alone and some with my family but mostly I was coupled with the Prince to show both countries united.

That was the only good thing about the whole ordeal, I had Prince Richardo by my side for most of it, and he was very helpful and encouraging.

We were ushered into a car that would take us home and I let out a sigh as we started driving, taking me closer to my family and away from the judging eyes of the media who wanted to know every little detail about me. The number of offers I had received for a biography or a life story documentary was crazy, obviously I refused all of them not wanting other people knowing every detail about my life.

"That one wasn't as long" Prince Richardo said beside me filling the silence with his voice.

"No but it was still crazy" I said and he chuckled telling me that I had to get used to it.

"How is Jessica?" he asked after a moment of silence, "I haven't had much time to see her lately, with all the commotion" he added looking a little sad.

"She's ... Jessica" I laughed. "What's going on with you two?" I asked wanting to take my mind of everything and focus on something that would make me happy,

"What do you mean?" he asked but I saw a small blush on his cheeks.

"I mean are you dating?" I asked intrigued, Jess had told me that she'd admitted her feelings to the prince and he had told her he felt the same way but other than that, I knew nothing about their relationship.