Chapter 2

------------------Hyejin POV--------------

I placed my books in the locker and slammed it shut. I slung my bag over my shoulder and walked out of the gate. I called Jongin through my phone as I walked down the block.

"Jongin oppa, where are you?"

"I'm right here!" He covered my eyes with his hands.

"Oppa!" I smiled as I turned around.

"You seem happy today."

"Yeah, but it wasn't that great."

"Why?"

"Some jerk trying to mess with me."

"Taehyunnie?"

"Yea, and don't call him that. It's weird."

"Fine, fine. Let's go to the cafe."

We had some pleasant talks before he walked me home.

"Bye, Jongin. Meet you 2 days later?"

"Yep, bye."

I unlocked the door and walked in. I share a dorm with Jungmi. Unfortunately, Taehyun and his friends lives across the hall.

"Jungmi, are you home?" I called out.

"Yea, I'm in my room. So how's your date with Jongin?" She asked as she walked out of her room.

"It's not a date."

"Yea, sure. But I ship Taejin more."

"You make me sound like a slut. One with Taehyun and the other with Jongin."

The next day I woke up late. A lot later than my usual time. Stupid alarm.

I got ready and changed. I slung my bag over my shoulder and ran to school. The halls were already empty. I quickly got to my locker I grabbed my books and was ready to take a run but I bumped into someone.

"Aish..."

"Why are you late?" A voice questioned. I looked up to see Taehyun looking at me.

"Why would you care?"

"You're late."

"Then, what are you doing here?"

"I was just excused to used the restroom."

"Liar, you have you backpack with you."

"Fine, I'm late. Okay?"

"Honestly, I don't care and I really need to get to class."

"I'll walk you to class."

"Why would you do that?"

"I have an excuse for you."

"What about you?"

"I'm fine. Let's go." He grabbed my wrist and we flew through the halls to my class door. He burst in and interrupted the class. A moment later, murmurs filled the room. We looked down at our hands and we withdrew our hands.

"Kim-sshi, why are you late? And Nam-sshi, why are you here?" The teacher asked.

"Jesungiminda. Hyejinnie-"

"Hyejinnie?!" A student in class exclaimed. Taehyun slightly smirked before continuing.

"She almost fainted on her way to class, and she didn't want to be late. So I brought her here."

"Okay, Here's a pass. Don't wander in the halls." He accepted it. He smiled and left.

"Song- sshi, jesunginminda." I apologized.

"Okay, get to your seat." I obediently sat next to Jungmi. She seemed really excited.

After class, Jungmi started bugging me.

"So you 'fainted' on the way here?"

"Uh, yea."

"Why was he with you?"

"He was late, too."

"Oh, I saw him this morning though."

"Oh, he purposely waited for you." She gasped.

"The ship has sailed." She continued talking as we walked to class.

We left class for lunch. I decided to put away the books first before lunch. Jungmi left for lunch first. I put the books from the first few classes and grabbed the books for the next classes.

"Shouldn't you thank me?" A voice asked. I turned around to see who it was.

"Oh, uh, thank you."

"That's it?"

"What do you expect?"

"Something more."

"Like what?"

"Like....."