For Hire: Management

PROLOGUE

‘Tomorrow’s the day.’ I mumble, dropping the last box that nearly smashes my foot.

I puff out a small wind and wipe the perspiration dripping from my temples. Exhaustion suddenly rushes through me and I end up slacking down the couch, my head throbbing and my arms flailing.

My back immediately curves at the sudden vibration coming from the solid object behind me. It dawns into me that the vibration is coming from my phone and I jolt up, frantically nursing the phone to know whether if it was hurt or not.

I realize how stupid I was to mute the phone and unconsciously lose it while I’m cleaning my newly moved in flat.

Contented that the phone didn't break into pieces, I sit down comfortably and fiddle with it. It was already 11 am when I unlocked the lock screen, the smoldering warmth coming from the big ball of heat draining my life out, famine and fatigue, both assaulting at once.

My weariness keeps me glued on my seat, unable to do anything at all. 

I restrain my eyes from closing, stubbornly persistent to open up my Twitter application and check for some notifications. The lack of activity and followers bum my spirits down.

Exasperated, I gently throw my phone face-down across the rug and stuff my face annoyingly on the pillow. I let my thoughts fade into oblivion, one by one, from my new job and to my lonely living, hoping that tomorrow would be a pleasant new start, until my consciousness does too.

xx

Hello guys! So this is my new story and I hope that I would be consistent in writing this so wish me luck! Show your support by voting! :D

-AvatarEternity-