Prologue: I Am Here to Tell You a Story.

.i am here to tell you a story.

My story isn't that of a fairy tale. It's more like a nightmare. I'm no knight in shining armor, and I don't save princesses. In fact, I'm not even a good guy at all. I don't think I ever was. Even when I was human I used people and I was an absolute dick. In fact the only time I let my guard down and wasn't a total tool was the night I died. Now don't get me wrong, the night I died was one of the best nights of my life. But it was also the worst. I have conflicted feelings about it actually... if you couldn't tell.

       I'm not going to tell you my whole life story.  My life up until October 25, 1986, was in retrospect, pretty boring.  The most of what you need to know was that I was a piece of shit punk kid with a shitty punk band with a huge ego to match my drug addiction.  I was a train wreck at eighteen.  There are times when I think that becoming a vampire was the best thing to happen to me. But only because I'm not addicted to any hard drugs anymore, unless you count cigarettes and whiskey. I'm getting sidetracked.

       I'll begin my story with the events that lead up to the night it happened. A brief history of my adolescent life up to that cool autumn night that caused my life to take a sharp turn into a world of blood and death. Brace yourself.

I'll start from the top.