Chapter 3

Emiko's POV

After a few days, the lady who gave us the Potato seed came by with her partner. They talked about the vegetable garden and about other things. Yuki and I were playing till I seen a dear, heading to the garden. I know how hard Mum was working on it, and I couldn't help, but I could at least try and keep the animals away. I transformed, Yuki seen me and looked and seen the dear. She also transformed, and we chased the dear. But as we ran in front of the house, the slid doors were open and they could see us, in our wolf form.

"Y-Yuki...! E-Emiko...!" Mum gasped.

"Hana, did you get dogs?" The man asked.

I gave Yuki a look and we both howled and she ran off, while I wagged my tail and stared at the kitchen door.

"Isn't that a wolf?" The lady asked.

"There are no wolves in Japan anymore. That's a shepherd mixed with something else. Right, Hana? Am I right? Am I right?" The man said, leaning on the table giving Mum a big smile.

"Hello, Mrs. Nirasaki!" Yuki yelled as she ran threw the room,as she stopped beside the lady I let out a bark.

"Oh hello, Yuki. Aren't you friendly today." The lady said.

"Oh, you and the dogs have matching clothes! That's cute." The man said.

Yuki then ran toward me and I gave her a look that said 'Stay in human form and follow me' and she listened, she stayed in human form and chased after me like a little kid does to a pup. When we were out of sight we let out a sigh of relief and when they left we helped Mum collect the potatoes.

Mum and Yui, were pulling them out of the ground while Ame and I were wiping the dirt off them and putting them in a bucket. We ended up having tones, and when we finished we went to the people who helped us, to give them Potatoes in return for there help.

Apparently it was good we did because all there potatoes got dug up by a wild boar. So we gave them the sack of potatoes and they gave us something in return.

Ame's POV

Later the same day, people who helped us came over and talked to Mum, I was hiding behind her, listening to there conversation while Yuki and Emiko was out somewhere else.

"The only fields with no animal damage are yours, Hana." On of the men said.

"It's strange, even though you're so deep in the mountains." One of the ladies said.

"Do you have some kind of trick?" The other man asked.

Mum was about to answers till a small, cute bark was heard. When I turned around I seen a little dog, well it was actually a wolf, it was Emiko. She ran up to me, jumped in my lap and licked my face.

"I need to pee!" Yuki yelled as she ran past us and jumped over Emiko and I.

"Yuki's a lively child, isn't she?" The other woman asked as we all watched Yuki.

Two days later two men came over with a fridge that was bigger then ours. They set it up for us and then left. Mum told us to stay inside while she went out for a while.

When we woke up the next morning it was freezing. Emiko was standing next to me holding my hand. Yuki jumped into the snow, make a snow angle then started to roll in it. I was walking on the snow, slow and carefully till I fell, making Emiko fall with me. Yuki rolled next to me and when we heard mum inhale, we all watched her, she then jumped between Yuki and I and pulled us all close to her. We were all laughing.

Later after that, we went into the forest and was running like mad. While we were running, we rolled down a hill and when we stooped rolling and started to run, we were in wolf form. We felt free. Mum was running after us, with a massive smile on her face. While we were running down a massive hill, Yuki and I did zigzag, going past each other and when we were pasting one another, Emiko would jump over us.