Chapter 10 <3

Okay!! Two things: 1. benchmark chapter!!! Something special is gonna happen, yo! 2. My last chapter of the night :( I have to write again (grrrrrr) i'll upload tomorrow PEACE!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter ten

Mom and dad said yes for me to go out with Cody, and I hugged them both. I ran up the stairs, Levi on my heels, and ran into my closet. Gosh, I’m becoming more girly every day. Cody texted me about ten minutes later.

From: Cody :) <3

8:00? Wear something pretty :), not that you don’t already look gorgeous in anything you wear ;)

I smiled and texted back

To: Cody

Dressy or casual?

He texted back almost immediately-

From: Cody :) <3

Dressy ;)

I smiled and put my phone down. He’s so sweet. I went back into my closet and drew up a blank. I have nothing really dressy besides the pink ruffled dress and the greenish- blue ones. I quickly called Alli and said I had an emergency. I slipped on my TOMS and grabbed my phone.  I ran down the stairs and found my mom.

“I have an emergency, Mom!” I said quickly. I puffed a strand of hair out of my face.

“Like what?’ she said turning around.

“I need a new dress to wear tonight!” I said jumping up slightly.

“On your date?” she raised her eye brows.

“Yes! I have money! Will you just drive me to town near the coffee shop and I’ll call you when I need to be picked up! Please?” I said quickly.

“Okay, okay,” she said grabbing her keys and slipping on some flip flops.

“Thanks, Mom. You’re the best,” I said walking out the door.

“I know,” she said smugly.

When I got back to my house, I ran up the stairs and threw the dress bag on my bed. I speed dialed Alli and we went through a quick check list. After we hung up, I stripped down and got in the shower. I ran out not even bothering to look at myself. I washed off the make-up and threw up my hair. I slipped on my robe and started repainting my nails. I glanced at the clock. It said 7:02. Crap!

 I quickly finished and dried my hair. After that, I ran over to my bed and threw on the short, white dress that Alli helped me pick out. It had a jeweled belt and was gathered vertically covering my left side. It was absolutely beautiful. I did a pretty Smokey eye effect on my eyes and applied false eyelashes. I smoothed a light layer of blush over my clear cheeks and sat back. I didn’t even look like Sammy anymore. I compared myself to how I looked a few nights ago, when I went to the Atlantic records party. I fixed my hair in curlers and ran into my closet. I found a pair of black heels that I wore maybe once in Seattle. I slipped on two sliver rings, some rose stud earrings, and a bracelet that looked like a zipper. I took out the curlers and fixed a small bump in the front of my hair. I smoothed over the last touch of my make-up, red lipstick, and stepped back. I really didn’t look like Sammy anymore. Well, I still look like myself anyway, but this is not something I’d usually wear. My hair cascaded down just to my shoulders in ringlet curls and my skin shimmered.

 Mom and dad called up the stairs and told me they were going to a release party and to be careful. I heard mom walk away and dad called “Really careful.” I yelled not to worry back and dad said call Lizzie at the coffee shop if I need anything and to lock the house, and to feed Levi. I hollered for them to leave and dad finally said bye. I watched their car go down the drive way and the street.

I took a deep breath and got Levi some food. I grabbed my phone and put it in a small clutch purse. I looked at myself one more time before turning off my room lights and heading down the stairs. The doorbell rang just as I got to the bottom. I glanced at the clock: 8:00 on the dot. I got my house keys off the side table and opened the door.

Cody’s mouth fell open after he laid his eyes on me. I laughed and closed his mouth for him.

“Close your mouth, dear. You’ll catch flies,” I joked stepping outside and closing the door behind me. I locked the door and hit the alarm set button on my little remote. It beeped and I turned around. He’d been staring the entire time. He opened his mouth to say something but closed it and thought again.

“I was about to say you look beautiful, but you’re so pretty, beautiful is an insult,” he took my right hand. I blushed a deep shade of red.

“I don’t know where you got that from,” I said looking away. Cody lifted my chin with his index finger and thumb and kissed my nose. I giggled.

“Hey, lover boy, hurry it up!” someone from a car parked in my drive way hollered. Cody rolled his eyes and took my hand again. He led me to the car and opened the door for me.

“Thank you!” I said climbing in. Cody got in after I did. He introduced me to his dad, who was driving, and must have yelled out the window.

“Cody,” a little boy’s voice from the front seat started, “You’re girlfriend is really pretty.” Even though it was dark, I could see Cody blush.

“Sammy, this is Tom, my little brother,” Cody said uneasily.

“Oh, hi Tom,” I giggled.

“He wanted to come so badly,” Mr. Simpson said. “Plus, I’m taking him to a movie after I drop you guys off,” he added. We finally came to a stop and Cody opened his door. He held out a hand for me and I took it.

“Bye, dad. Thanks,” he said closing the door. Cody took my left hand and his dad and Tom drove off. I then realized we were at the park, near the spot Cody kissed me to be exact. He led me forward and through a small path. We came out in the clearing and I gasped. Lights were strung on the low branches of trees, the stars were clear, and it was perfect. I looked up at the stars and gazed at them. I felt Cody look up for a minute, then back down at me. I had my eyes fixated on the stars. “Is this okay?” Cody asked a little worried.

“It’s perfect,” I swooned. Cody bent down slightly and kissed my cheek. “Hey!” I said turning back towards him, “You missed!” I said placing my hand on his cheek. He smiled and crushed his lips to mine. We pulled away after a good two minutes straight.

“How ‘bout now?” he asked smiling.

“Ask me properly and we’ll see,” I said flirtingly. Cody rolled his eyes.

“Sammy, will you be my girlfriend?” he asked hopefully.

I paused. “Sure,” I shrugged. But I couldn’t help but smiling. He laughed and picked me up by my waist. Cody spun us both in a circle. I screamed lightly and he set me down.

“FINALLY!” he said kissing me all over the face until I giggled.