Ch. 37 - She Dead Now

Começar do início

"Ha, if you two were thirty five years younger, I'd so be down." Carlos slurred, winking at the giggling grandmas before they left making him scramble to the floor and sit on Bernie's lap.

"Help me! Those grandmas are restless." Carlos wheezed with wide frightened eyes, clutching onto Bernie's shoulders as Bernie rolled his eyes while Georgia let out a snort.

"Natalie your home phone's ringing again!" Someone announced from my living room as I stood to my feet.

"I got it! Thank you!" I screamed, throwing my head back so my voice would echo as I entered the kitchen and grabbed my home phone.

"'Ello." I said, trying to block out the cha cha music thrumming throughout my whole place while I plugged my other ear.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked, hearing a frantic muffled voice through the phone as I lowered my head, furrowing my brows in confusion.

"Natalie! It's Deborah, from SS front desk. I need to tell you something."

"Oh hi Deborah! How are you?" I asked with a smile.

"I'm doing fine but it's Harry."

It was as if all the chaos and commotion in my flat faded away until I could only hear Deborah's voice echo through my head as my smile faltered.

"What? What... what about Harry?" I stuttered, letting out a nervous laugh as I shifted on my feet and scratched at my head.

"I don't know, he didn't leave his office all day until now and when he did he looked awfully exhausted. The poor thing looked plum tuckered out and he was trying to get to your place but-"

"But?"

"But Kathy, I think she took him to her place." She informed in an anxious tone and I almost dropped the phone in my hand at her words.

"Do you know where she lives?" I asked, already running into my living room to get my jacket as I pushed through all my party guests.

"Yes, I have a list of all employee's adresses." She informed, making me let out a small breath of relief.

"Alright Deb, I need you to tell me exactly where she lives." I said through the phone, my voice stern as I walked out of my flat with my jackets and keys in my other hand.

The line went off.

"Ah shit forgot it was a home phone, Carlos I need to borrow your cell!" I screamed, running back into my flat since I had broken my own cell phone a few weeks ago.

I swear if Kathy does anything to hurt Harry I will channel my inner ratchet fighter and drag a bitch.

++

"This the place?" I asked, turning off the ignition of my car violently as I glared at the small one story house in front of me.

"Yup that's the place." Deborah confirmed besides me, nodding her head as we leaned forward, peering through the car window.

"This some shady shit goin on here..." Bernie said from the back, leaning forward as well to look at the house.

"What are we all looking at... and why are we whispering..." Carlos murmured at his side.

"Are ya'll just gonna keep lookin out the window or are we gonna drag a bitch!" Georgia said, bringing out her tazer from the back of the car making all of us jump in our seats as we screamed.

"Jesus woman put that away!" Carlos shrieked, trying to climb out of the car as I got out, slamming the door behind me.

I ran to the front door, everyone following close behind as Carlos took out a bobby pin from his pocket and knelt down in front of it, trying to pick the lock.