Chapter 1

I woke up, but was I really awake? How can you tell if your alive or dead if all you can ever see is darkness? Want to know how I know I'm awake? I can hear movement in the house, I can feel my heartbeat, and I have the sense in feeling. The only thing is, I'm blind.

After the accident, my mom thought that it would be good I was homeschooled. I get why she did that for me though, she didn't want me hurt. Little did she know I'm already hurt.

I reached over to the side of my bed searching for my cane. I found the soft surface of the polished wood and sat up grasping the cane in both my hands and stood up. I started clicking it around my room looking around for my closet.

I pulled out an outfit feeling that it was a shirt with long sleeves and skinny jeans. I felt for the sign above each section of outfits of what color the outfit was. I grasped the sign feeling the brail reading black. I smiled softly putting my cane against the wall and got changed.

I heard my phone near my bed start ringing the ring tone of my best friend Anna. I grabbed my cane clicking my over to my bed feeling for my phone. I finally found it and pressed a button to answer it.

Hello?

Hey bff!!! I was wondering...so uh every month or so my school has this thing where you can have someone join you in school for the day. That day is tomorrow and I was wondering if you're up to it. If not it's cool Ruby.

Um...sure. Can you pick me up?

Yay!!!!! Yeah I can pick you up silly.

What time?

8 am sharp sweetheart.

Haha ok see you tomorrow.

Bye.

Bye.

I hung up setting the phone back on my side table near my bed. I grabbed my cane and started clicking to outside my door to where I thought I could hear my mom.

"Hey mom?" I asked when I thought I reached the room she was in.

"Not mom little sis." I blushed slightly as Garrett started to laugh.

"Sorry." I said.

"It's cool. Mom is in the living room." He responded.

"Thanks Garry." I said smiling.

"No problem Rubes." He responded, but I couldn't tell if he smiled back or not as I headed into the living room to find my mom.

Once I reached the living room I clicked my way to a couch and sat.

"Hey mom?" I asked.

"Yes sweety?" She questioned.

"I'm going to school with Anna tomorrow if that's ok with you." I said.

"Sure sweety. Just be safe please." She said with a worried tone.

"I will this time mom." I said.

£¥£¥£¥£¥£¥£¥£¥£¥£¥£¥£¥£¥£¥£¥£¥£¥£¥£¥£

I sat in my room and I felt my clock that changed its brail to the time and it read 6:34 pm. I'm listening to dear diary by Mikelwj. It's a good song. It's also depressing, but isn't life depressing?

I sighed as I sat on my bed listening to music. If you're blind, what exactly are you supposed to do for fun? I skipped dinner not really up for it tonight. Another reason why I'm listening to this song. It goes with how I feel.

I started to feel really tired and suddenly everything was gone, my sense of feeling, and my sense of hearing.