Imagine #18

A/N: Originally posted on Tumblr by fangirlinside.

It was a regular day in the Glade; the sun was shining, the Grievers were in hiding and as usual, everyone was up and about doing their assigned tasks and jobs

It was a regular day in the Glade; the sun was shining, the Grievers were in hiding and as usual, everyone was up and about doing their assigned tasks and jobs. Except for you and your boyfriend, Newt, of course.
Instead of picking and planting the fruits and vegetables in the Gardens and teaching the new Greenie everything he needed to know about being a Gardener, you were goofing around and being your usual PDA couple selves, which was making the said Greenie very uncomfortable.
"Newt, stop!" You groaned playfully, as he purposely brushes his hand against yours for the billionth time as you were planting a seed and gathering its soil.
"What? I'm just helping you." He says, feigning innocence, but the smile he has plastered on his face gives him away.
"No. You're trying to be cute and distract me when you're supposed to be teaching him." You said, pointing at the Greenie, Thomas, before standing up and brushing off the dirt from your pants.
"He already knows everything he needs to know." Newt says nonchalantly, mirroring your actions. "You plant, you water and you pick. See? He's got it." Newt gestures to Thomas who was currently watering the apples.
"You're impossible."
"C'mon, I know you love me, and I know for a fact that you love it when I annoy you." The blonde teases, snaking his arms around your waist. He starts to lean down for a kiss, but you place your hand on his face and push him away.
"Nope, it just really makes me regret that I do." You retort, stifling a giggle at Newt's reaction.
"You're going to regret something alright." Newt replies, a smirk forming on his lips. You're nose scrunches in confusion until he pounces on you and begins to tickle your sides. Your weak spots.
You were certain that your squeals and Newt's laughter could be heard throughout the Glade, but you two didn't care. You cherished these moments. The moments wherein you two seemed to forget the situation you were in, as if you two were just regular teens happy, in love and together. But you aren't, so it was also moments like this that usually got both of you into trouble
"Newt! Y/N! What the hell is going on here?" Alby yells, not sounding very happy.
Both you and Newt quickly compose yourselves from your compromising position before replying in unison, "Nothing.", pursing your lips to suppress your grins.
Alby glares at Newt whilst raising a brow at you. "Y/N, maybe it would be better if you worked with Frypan for today."
"C'mon Alby, we were just-" Newt butts in, trying to defend your actions but Alby cuts him off. "Slim it, Newt. C'mon Y/N." Deciding not to make the situation any worse by protesting, you willingly trail behind Alby, not failing to hear the many objections of the blonde behind you.
You were a good 10 feet away from the Gardens when Alby shouts, "Let me know if the separation anxiety gets too much for you!"
"Oh, I will!" Is Newt's cheeky reply.
Before you could stop yourself, you found yourself turning on your heels and sprinting towards your boyfriend. He manages to turn around in time to catch you, but before he could utter a word, you press your lips against his. It was a sweet yet passionate kiss, ending way too soon for Newt's liking. "That should last you till the end of the day. See you later." You smile at the bewildered look of Newt, who was completely speechless, before running after Alby.
"I am completely in love with that woman." Newt sighs, as he stares at your retreating figure.
Thomas scoffs. "You don't say."