ULLYSSES

Ullysses Pov:

After finishing our food, Mallows said it would be best if we'll stay as friends. If anything will develop out of that friendship then let it be. I told her that I want to start courting her so she agreed. Relief was what I felt.

We went home and I walked her to their house. I wanted to kiss her in her cheeks but then again I thought she might not like it.

Days, months, and a year past, I continued courting her. Everyday, I sent her flowers and wrote her a letter emphasizing how I felt for her everyday. And everyday my feelings for her went deeper. I am in college already and she was also starting her freshman year. The best part is she also enrolled in the University that I am into. I am taking up Mechanical Engineering and she wanted to pursue her dream to become a teacher, she took up Education.

I received a text from her and it said: "Meet me up at 5pm, Cathedral Church." My class that day will end at 4pm so I replied her with: "Ok,see you there at 5." At 4pm, I felt really nervous. In the back of my mind, I was thinking of anything that might led her to meet me up.

I remembered that she never texted me first it was always I who does the first text, then she will just reply with an ok or a thank you whenever I texted her with" i care for you and i love you." I needed to relax my mind and stay positive. So, I went in a cafe to order a coffee to relieve the headache that was starting to build in my head.

She is a very straight forward person and that's what makes me really nervous. She says what's exactly in her mind. I admire her frankness. When I started courting her and sending her flowers everyday, white roses to be exact to show her how pure my intentions are,a note to make her smile, followed with a text saying that: "I wish her day will always be a happy one."

She will reply with: "Save your allowance, everyday is not always happy day, better save it for something else, something you might use in the future. Don't be too generous, I might get used to it." And that made my day. I am older than her but she is much more mature than me. At times that I needed to just see her, I also bring her flowers.

"Flowers again", she would say. "Have I not told you to save the money, you are actually and obviously still a student getting money from your parents, it would be best that instead of buying me flowers everyday, save it. Please?"

That's what I love about her, she is far different from a lot of girls I meet in school. Some are materialistic, some uses looks in exchange with worldy means. But my Mallows, she's different. She can afford to buy expensive things but she'd rather not. She saves it and even opened an account for her to deposit her weekly savings from her allowance. She said, "Education is a very special gift that our parents can give us, all we have to do is study and do the best we can. It is also a very draining period in our parents life, they work hard for it. When I graduate, the money that I am saving right now, I will give it back to them. That will be one of my greatest achievement."

"Wow, that's intense!", I'd say and laughter feels the air.

I walked to the cathedral to kill time, I am actually 30 minutes early. I still have time to reach the church without rushing. What is it that Mallows has to say, and the fact that she wanted to meet in church. Not just any church but in Cathedral. The biggest church in our place.

I arrived 15 minutes early so I headed in the sacred sanctuary where people can light up candles and solemnly pray. I bought a candle and lit it. I closed my eyes and prayed for wisdom. Wisdom to be prepared for whatever it is, positive or negative. I will wholeheartedly accept.