THIS IS IS!

At the end of her third year in highschool, he planned to tell her the truth. What he really feel for her. Maybe, this is the time. It would be his last year in highschool so he has to say it before they would again part ways. He felt sad also just thinking of being not there for her everyday, during the times that she needed him to help her in her math assignments, in her physics and history.

He felt strongly for her. He needed her to complete him. He called her and asked if she's available in the afternoon. It's vacation time so he did'nt hesitate to ask her out. She replied with a yes. When he hung up the phone, he closed his eyes and murmured... "This is it, I waited for this. I hope everything went well."

At 3pm he prepared himself, he took a bath with his favorite soap, he ironed his casual clothes, put gel and styled his hair, sprayed his favorite cologne and inhaled and exhaled before texting her.

He texted her with a message saying... "Im on my way. Be ready in 10 minutes."

She replied with, "ok :-)"

He planned to go and fetch her, and ask his parents consent. He arrived at her 10 minutes earlier than their meet up time. He greeted her parents respecfully and even kissed her mom in the cheeks. She felt it awkward and thought that he's overdoing it so much. He asked her father if it's ok for them to hang up and she might get late a little bit.

Her parents knew him since birth, both their parents are not actually close friends but they are casual with each other. He even asked his parents for a blessing. He told them his plans and how it went through the years. When he finally told them it's time his mom cried because she saw how happy and inspired he was during those time, giving them high grades and a consistent honor student. He surely is a good boy. His parents supported him all the way and they loved Mallows as their own.

They both said their goodbyes to her parents. He escorted her out and she felt a little bit different. He was smiling the whole time that she felt uncomfortable already. So, she couldn't contain herself and asked him; "What's up bro? Can't figure it out but all this seems different..."

"Don't worry you'll know it when we get there." he simply said.

"Oh, that's weird." Mallows looked at him to see any clue about what he was saying. But, he happened to be so excited and frightened at the moment for her to see any clue.

When they arrived at the resto, a chinese restaurant and one of Mallows favorite dining place they were ushered to a table for two. It was a romantic set up with candlelight setting.

"Should we order?", Ullysses asked Mallows.

"We should coz I'm starving." Mallows replied and rolled her eyes. Ullysses smiled sweetly. He really loves Mallows sense of humor.

While waiting for their food. Ullysses felt uneasy. Mallows stared at him and asked him. "So bro, what brings us here?" He suddenly felt his ears hot, he knew it turned red. Mallows looked at his ears and laughed.Ullysses swallowed hard before starting.

"Mallows, I want... Umm.. I want to tell you something. Please just hear me out before reacting violently." Mallows was looking attentively at him. "Umm.. I really like you a lot, not that friendly thing.. I mean I have loved you from the very beginning of our friendship. I waited for the right time to tell you this, for the right moment. We may still be young so I won't rush you, I can wait. I just wanted to tell you how I really feel for you. I want to officially court you."

Mallows kept silent for a moment and look him in the eyes. "You know what Ullysses, after saying those things I think it would be awkward to call you brother after all. I might as well give you a nickname... I'd like to call you Yule. I feel saddened because I thought you were my brother, I never felt this in a romantic way. I just can't take this all immediately, I wanted to think about this. Do you know how I feel right now? I feel so confused."

Ullysses swallowed hard again and his heart was beating fast. All he wished right now is to rewind everything before he started telling her the truth. He wanted to slap his face and felt stupid. So, he held her hand and looked in her eyes... " Mallows, I am not rushing you, all I wanted was to tell you how I really feel. I am not forcing you on anything because I will court you until you say yes. Please, Mallows just give me a chance."

They were interrupted by the waiter who happened to serve their food. The urge of eating the food felt awkward already. Mallows just don't know how to start eating, she felt numb. While Ullysses was in deep thought while staring at her. He was in shock because he expected that everything will turn alright. He kept on staring at her the whole time. When, finally Mallows broke the silence.

" I think we should eat, the food looks delicious." They ate in silence while Ullysses keep on looking at her. Mallows just gives him a half smile.

He didn't have a clue on what will happen next.