24th Floor~

"The doctors say that he needs surgery...but they won't do it until we pay". The couple stood in front of the closed door of the room where their son lied unconscious and critically injured. "You have the money right? We can pay them right now." Tears covered the mother's face as she turned to her husband, desperate for their son's survival. "Just...just give me the money and they can start the surger-"

"No." the husband answered firmly.

"What?"

"I- I don't have the money"

"What to do you mean-"

"I lent it to someone"

"What, ALL OF IT?!"

He tried his best to be composed, to not lose it in front of his wife. The money that would save his son, was in the hands of another mother in need.

"One of my employees needed to-to loan for....her sick husband and..."

"No..." his wife's sobs swallowed his conscience whole.

"How can you do this" she said in a faint whisper."How can you put your family last"

"I don't..."

"This is the last time you do this to MY CHILD"she took out her phone as she walked away.

==========================

"They left me you know" 

"My Wife, my son, they just...left me"

Eunjung's mother laid still on the hospital's bed as the CEO talked to her.

"I lost everything"

All of this was happening with Eunjung by the door way, hearing everything that was going on. Was that why she got accepted to the company? Because her mother had a debt and not because she had what it takes? 

"So all of this is a lie..." Eunjung said louder than she intended to. The CEO and her mother heard her.

"Ah, Eunjung...how long have you been here, you're mother's been waiting for you, she's-"

"How...how much does my mom owe you sir?"

"Eunjung please stay out of this, let me handle this sweetie" Her mother gently sat up.

"How much?" Eunjung repeated. "Sir?"

"That's not important to you, what's important is that you go to that stage and earn me my money"

"Leave my daughter out of this, it's my problem"

"No mom it's okay" Eunjung got in the room and closed the door behind her. "I can earn you that money"

"You better..."the CEO spat out. "Remember I'm the reason you got in and will be able to go out on the stage"

"So that's it then?Not my talents? Nothing?"

"Listen" the CEO stood up and placed his hand on Eunjung."The panel never saw anything from you...nothing....you didn't have a shot. If it wasn't for me you wouldn't have been flirting with my top boys right now"

Eunjung's face turned red, embarrassment taking over her. All of the offers and practices, all the compliments, the comments, all of them were fake. As much as Eunjung wanted to cry and breakdown, she didn't. There's no way she'd allow herself look defeated, because she wasn't.

"Well then..."the CEO patted Eunjung's shoulder and faced her mother. "I should get going". He walked out but stopped under the door. "Eunjung, I believe you have practices this afternoon?"