I swam as fast as possible, kicking the water as hard as I can. Damn it, why wasn't I as fit as he was?! He was already gaining speed, closing the distance between us. He reached me, jumping on top of me and pulling me under water.

I kicked out at him, trying to free myself. I finally managed to kick out and swap positions, with me on top, pushing him underwater.

"Okay, you too!" I heard Jordan call as Wes pushed me off him, resurfacing. "Stop trying to drown each other!"

We both looked at each other. How did this even start?

"Race you to the other side of the lake?" Wes suggested, looking between us and the other side of the lake. It looked about a hundred metres away. Yes, the lake was that huge.

"Go!" I cried as I flung myself into the water.

"Cheat!" Wes called, as he dived back into the water. I was already a few meters ahead.

Within seconds he was already swimming right next to me, effortlessly. I pushed harder. Almost there, almost there. That was before he hit into me sideways, veering me off course as he touched the bank on the other side.

"You're a dirty player!" I shouted, recovering and swimming over slowly towards him.

"Want to know how dirty I can get?" he wiggled his eyebrows at me.

"Is that the only thing on your mind?" I sighed, reaching the bank. Before he opened his mouth I cut in, "That was rhetorical."

"I know you're curious about what's on my mind," he winked at me.

Just then Eli and Jordan swam up to us.

"Hey, you're getting better at swimming!" I said.

"Well, Jordan's a good teacher," she said when she reached us.

"And Eli's a fast learner," Jordan said, coming up behind her.

Wes rolled his eyes at them and I laughed. If they got together, more like when they got together, it's going be really hard being in their vicinity.

"Anyway, let's go on the swing!" Jordan said, his eyes gleaming. I looked over at the 'swing' which comprised of one thick rope attached to a metal bar. The metal bar looked as worn as the rope itself.

"I think I'll pass," I declined. That swing looked a little too reckless for me, honestly.

"Nope, you're going!" Wes pushed me towards the direction of the deck.

"You're so demanding!" I exclaimed in frustration.

"It's called knowing how to have fun," Wes replied, pulling me by the arm as we swam towards the deck.

"It's called recklessness," I shot back, pulling my arm away from him.

"It's really safe, don't worry," Jordan said over his shoulder as he hauled himself up onto the deck. He then proceeded to pull Eli up after him. He then put his hand down expectantly to haul me up too. "Trust me." And I did.

"Oh yeah, she trusts Jordan so easily," Wes said sarcastically as he joined us last.

"Jealous?" Jordan winked at a disgruntled Wes. Jordan slung his arm over my shoulder and I didn't even push him off. I poked my tongue out at Wes, wrapping an arm around Jordan's waist in return.

"Do you want a consolation hug?" Eli offered Wes sarcastically opening her arms.

"I'll take that, too," Jordan quickly let go off me and ran to hug Eli excitedly. I laughed in response and even Wes couldn't help but grin.