I Think I'm Gonna Like it Here

Plot: Jack is a new exchange student from Ireland, Mark is given the job of showing him around school. They are both in 11th grade.

Jack's POV

Ok. First day of school in America. Am I excited? Totally! Am I scared out of my fucking mind? Yes! I just don't want to be bullied. That's why I moved from Ireland. At my old school, the kids were brutal! I didn't deal with stuff like that until I came out as Bisexual, that's when everything changed. The friends I once had turned on me. The parents that once loved me threw me out on the street like a cricket found in the corner of the room. I was alone and scared. Luckily, my big sister was the only one in the family with a heart. She was moving to America for her job, and she brought me with her. She's really the only one that didn't turn on me and wholeheartedly accepted who I was. And now I'm here, going to a new school on a new continent. I arrive at school and slowly approach the door. What if kids don't like me? What if they turn on me like my family. What if the teachers hate me! These were the thoughts swarming through my mind like bees swarm honey. Slowly I open the door and walk inside. Students are roaming the halls trying to get to their classes before the bell. The lockers are covered in graffiti and the floors stained from the Coke a cola spilled at yesterday's lunch. I walked into my first class, English lit. I take my seat in the back scanning the room. I can see every example of your typical high school student. Jock, geek, diva, outcast. As I bent over to my backpack the bell rang, alerting me to sit up. The teacher walked into the classroom holding a pile of papers, presumably tests of some sort. "Hello everyone. I hope you did your homework last night because if you didn't I will personally come and Danny sex bang the fuck out of your mom!" He spoke and the whole class laughed. "Also, today we are welcoming a new student. He is here all the way from Ireland! Everyone give a warm welcome to Sean Mcloughlin." Well this is nice. A bit awkward but nice none the less. I just waved and smiled. "Sean, do you want to tell us a little about yourself?" The teacher said. "Umm sure. H-hi. I'm Sean, but most people call me Jack. Um I moved here from Ireland about a month ago because.....ummmm....it's not important. But anyway, yeah." Just then, the door to the classroom swung open, and a sweaty, muscular and beautiful human ran into the room. "I'm so sorry I'm late Mr. Avidan! My brother woke up really sick this morning and my parents already left the house, so I needed to take him to our neighbors and then I missed the bus so I ran and..." "Enough Mr. Fischbach. It's alright calm down geez. You're only 3 minutes late you're ok. But since you were late, I'm assigning you the job of showing our new student Sean around school. Take your seat." The boy had slight stubble and vibrant blue hair. He sat in the chair in front of me. And he was a beautiful to see. This was the boy that was gonna be showing me around campus! My day just got a whole lot better! When the bell rang after class, I got up and soon felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and was met with the chocolate brown eyes of the beautiful blue haired boy. "Hi! You must be Sean! I'm Mark! The teacher said I was suppose to show you around school so here I am at your service." Then he did a little bow. I let out a small laugh. "Yes it is I sir Sean! You will bow to me! Now onward Noble steed!" We both laughed and began towards the door. As we walked down the halls, the stench of gym clothes and French fries filled the air filling both nostrils with the disgusting smell. "Don't worry you get used to it." Mark said. I must have been making a face, agh I must look like such an idiot. "What room are you going too?" Mark asked. "Ummm, room 207." I answered looking at my schedule. He nodded and we continued walking. "So Sean..." Mark started to say. "Jack. You can call me Jack." He just smirked at me making my knees weak. "So Jack...I wasn't in class before, so tell me, why did you move from Ireland?" He asked promptly. "Ohhhh, umm my sister got a job out here and needed to move." I said. He just nodded his head and continued on. "Cool. So what kind of stuff do you like to do? You know besides playing the bagpipes and getting drunk while you count the gold coins you found at the end of the rainbow." I laughed. "Racist bitch!" I said shoving his shoulder playfully, trying to avoid pushing him into someone walking through the crowded halls. "I'm kidding! I'm kidding! But seriously what kind of stuff interests you." He said chuckling and adjusting his backpack which laid loosely hung over one shoulder. "Umm, I like music, I played the drums for a while. I love video games! Shadow of the colossus is by far my favorite! Oh and I like cake, and cookies, and coffee, ohh i really love coffee." I said swiftly looking at him. "Cool! I love video games too! I swear if I could just play video games for a living, that would be like my dream come true!" He said with a big smile. "Dude same!" I replied. We smiled at each other until we suddenly came to a halt. "Well here we are, room 207. Have fun but I have to warn you, the teacher In this class is brutal. I have her 4th period. Anyway I'll be here after class to assist you once again my lord!" He bowed jokingly again and began to walk away. "Hey wait Mark!" I said quickly before he walked away. He turned around to face me. "Gimme your phone real quick." I said holding out my hand. He nodded taking his phone out of his pocket and quickly putting in the password before handing the phone to me. I looked at his wallpaper, it was chica from five nights at Freddie's. "Nice wall paper ya' doof." I said glancing up at him smiling. "Shut up." He replied chuckling as well. I went to the contacts and put in my number along with the name 'your overlord'. I handed the phone back to him, watching a smile appear on his face. "See you after class Jack." Mark laughed playfully shoving my arm and turning away to walk to his class. As he was eaten alive by the sea of hormones and potheads, I just smiled to myself and thought, "I think I'm gonna like it here."