I wanted to lose myself in him all together but I respected his wishes.

We arrived at the hall that the ceremony was taking place at and it was a lot more elegant than I expected. Hundreds of rich people dressed in long gowns and expensive tuxes and such. It was both intimidating and impressive.

"What do we do?" Javier asks, and I totally agreed with that. What do you do here?

"Well over there by the booth is where you can donate money and this is also known for its wine tasting, so lucky for Ray, after a few drinks in you, you'll be as loquacious as Amy." Elliot teases and Amy sticks her tongue out at him.

"Donation for what?" Javier asks. "Homeless shelters. We give some of our oil as well to fund for the new houses but you dont have to donate. We have these balls every two months or so, so this is nothing new." Elliot says with a shrug.

Javier and Amy link arms and stride over to the food tasting, leaving Elliot and I there. "Nervous Kitten?" Eli whispers in my ear. Mmm, I love it when he calls me that. "A little, Im searching for the fancy champagne. After a half of a cup, Ill be running this whole popsicle stand." I say with a smile as he leads me into the crowd. "Dont be nervous. Just smile and wave and act like you know what they're talking about." Eli says, plastering a fake smile and I follow suit. "This couple is a sight for sour eyes, just act like you give a shit about what they're saying." Eli says through grit teeth as a couple approaches us.

"Mr. Elliot Carter. Well I'll be damned." The man says, he has choppy blonde hair and dark eyes that make me feel awkward, he extends his arm and grabs Elliot's in a tight grip. "Mr. Vicks. Pleasure seeing you again." Eli says, with a deep monotone voice. Does he practice this often? The woman with long blonde hair and red lips smiled. "And Mrs. Vicks, fancy seeing you again." He adds, turning to the young woman.

"Oh Elliot, it's been ages! Who is this lovely lady?" Mr. Vicks asks, his eyes fluttering across me. This man looked like he wanted to eat me alive. I feel Elliot's grip around my waist tighten, "My lovely personal assitant, Rayleen Banks." He introduces and I smile at both of them. 

"She most certainly is lovely." Mrs. Vicks says flashing her pearly white smile at me. Woah, hold up. Are these two in an open relationship? What the hell is going on. "How's business?" Mr. Vicks says. Yeah. Business.

"Great, multiplied by 4 actually." Elliot says. Oh great, rich people talk. Time to tune out.

There was a woman who had a long blue dress with peacock feathers. I practically choke on laughter and cover my mouth.

"Isnt that right Rayleen?" Elliot suddenly asks. Oh shit, I wasnt paying attention. "Absolutley," I say all too quickly. "You seem distracted. Perhaps you need a drink." Mr. Vick says, turning to grab one from the waitress and handing it to me.

Oh boy. "I'm fine. Just amazed by all of this decor." Nice save. 5 points for Banks. "It's amazing isnt it. It was designed by a famous artist from Italy." He began and my mind dazed off again. After a few more minutes, Eli's dragging me along. "You're ADD kicked in and had to get you away." Elliot said to me as I sipped at my wine. "I'm sorry, Im not cut out for this type of talk." I say with a shrug and he chuckles. "Dont worry, just a few more people to meet and Im going to donate some money and then we're gone." He assures.

He grabs himself some fresh wine and we walk over to a man who had a long grey beard and flickering blue eyes. "Carter." He said straightly.

"Williams." Elliot replied, nodding his head respectully. "Nice seeing you here. Who's the beautiful lady?" He asks and reaches his hand out. Oh Lord. I lift my hand and he leans and kisses it and his lips feel hard and crusty. "My girlfriend. Rayleen Banks." Girlfriend? Territoral much? "Girlfriend? Interesting. How's pops?" Mr. Williams asks.