Just a bunch of memories

I rolled around in my little bed and I am still thinking about one year in high school, a freshmen and a new or a newbie. I am an old man and I still have flashbacks of the past of the best year of my life. I knew I wasn't the best looking in my grade at the time but I knew people stared at me like I had just killed a man with a hatchet and still had the blood and guts still on me. I was very uncomfortable but that wasn't my worst day. Well as I lie in my bed I couldn't concentrate on the one thing that should've been the most important thing to me at the time, sleep. When I opened up my eyes I realized I have wrapped myself in my own blankets. I struggled for awhile then gave up. I just had to face the facts I wasn't as young as I used to be I was just getting old. As I turned my head I realized my there was huge crater in the bed as in something was there. Then part of my brain clicked on oh yeah  Cat my wife was next to me but where has she gone? Trying to use the third law of motion to get myself off the bed my arms just couldn't do it and I fall like a rock off a cliff. She's probably watching her recorded shows something called NCIS or something.

As I lie motionless in bed I had time to think I always thought to myself that I was a thinker but that didn't work well in academics. My eyes grew drowsy and I am sure before I knew everything was going to turn into a dream I saw my younger self playing the saxophone at the end of my bed. I thought to myself where did I get a saxophone from? From then to the rest of the night I couldn't stop thinking about that saxophone and how young I used to look. Those were the days and my eyes were close to a good night sleep.

I woke up to beautiful morning I could smell fresh scrambled eggs and good old homemade pancakes with freshly made sausages. I knew right when the smell hit me I had the strength to jump out of my bed and go straight to the kitchen. I walked over to Cat and realized with a shocked expression on my face she had only prepared food for herself usually she would had cooked for the both of us sometimes. "I don't have any breakfast I asked her?' She looked at me with the same face when I forgot to do something very important or she wants something but she can't get it. She cleared her throat and said" You aren't eating until that attic is cleaned.' She handed me a duster, broom, and a couple of trash bags. "Get to work she said.' I still had a stunned look and I could only think what just happened and this woman is going to starve me to get some free labor out of me. I made my way over to the staircase to the basement. When I made to the top of the staircase I knew this wasn't going to be a 5 minute job. There was junk everywhere I didn't know where to begin. I walked over to the window and pulled the curtains apart to let some light shine in. To bad that didn't lighten things up for me while cleaning. I started looking through some really old boxes and pulling out old dusty pictures. I had no idea how many memories I had just a bit too many I thought. As I was moving things around I felt something metal and large. I pulled it up from all my junk and it was my old bike when I was a kid. I immediately thought to  myself  why not ride it besides the lack of room and it's mostly an outdoors activity but who will mind. I got on to my bike and kicked off with my left foot nothing happened and I fell on my right. "shit I said.' not realizing how loud I had said that. the bike was on my hip but I wasn't majorly injured probably not even a scratch. I got up hoping Cat didn't hear anything. I noticed a shadow appear from the staircase and it was Cat. She was holding  two pill bottles. I hate taking my pills they were horrible and didn't work also they made me sleepy. I knew I wasn't going to get this done before dinner. "Here you go she said.' I looked at her and opened my mouth but no words came out but I could only smile. You really don't want me to eat do you. She handed me the bottles and walked away with her victory smile.

I took the pills but they had a strange taste to them and also made me feel energetic. This is a new feeling I thought. I felt alive I started getting to work. As I was working I realized I felt slower things around me were getting blurry. I couldn't walk straight and I heard and loud thud but I realized I have fallen what was happening? What was that shit Cat gave me  am I going to die? Now my heart was skipping beats or wasn't beating at all. It was getting colder  and I just knew I was going to die. I guess I didn't clean well because dust was attracted to me and trying to get inside me. I started crawling to the best of my ability to the staircase but only made it a couple inches to my original location. I saw strange light but it wasn't the type of light people see before they die it looked like it was coming from the window. I turned to where the window was but it wasn't coming from the window it was coming from a box. I saw it the item that I saw before I went to sleep that saxophone. Was it an illusion or was it real? Then I looked up and I saw the younger me he was laughing at me. I felt so old still taking daily pills, can't ride a bike, can't stay up late, and other embarrassing things. I immediately pressed my hand against my chest I couldn't bare the pain no more. The room was spinning it felt like I was on a tire swing but going at the speed of light. My eyes were closed and now I knew I was in another world everything was silent and now the pain was gone but I couldn't feel anything. Now I really do have time to think just a little too much time.