Before I knew it, my shift was over and I was walking back to my apartment, I breathed in the salty air and sighed. I hated that I was leaving this place to go to hell, but I knew I would be back. I would go meet whomever my father wanted me to meet and come back. With a bit of luck, I will only be gone for a couple of hours.

After unlocking the door to my apartment, I walked inside to find Devon sitting in the exact same spot he was in when I had left. He turned the TV off when I entered the room and gave me small smile.

“Feeling better?” He asked.

“Work always seems to put me in a good mood” I said shrugging my shoulders.

He shook his head at me “I have never heard of anyone who found work putting them in a good mood”

“What can I say, I’m weird”

“So what time do you plan on leaving tomorrow?” He asked standing from his seat

“I don’t know, early I guess. The sooner I get there the sooner I can come home”

I watched as he scratched the back of his neck “Did you want me to come with you?”

“If you want” I said shrugging my shoulders. Trying not to show him how much I really wanted him to come with me. Having him there with me would make it bearable.

He stared at me for a moment before sighing “Only for you would I go back to that place.” He walked over to me and placed a kiss at my temple “I’m going to get some sleep, wake me when you are ready to go”

“Will do, night” I said as I watched as he walked into his rom, closing the door behind him. I walked to my bedroom, and grabbed a pair of boxers and t-shirt before going to the bathroom to shower off all the smells of the bar off me. It didn’t matter how careful I was every night at work I always managed to get some form of alcohol on me, making me smell like a brewery by the end of my shift.

Once I had showered and gotten dress, I walked back to my room, closing my door behind me.  I made my way over to my bed and noticed in the darkness of my room that someone was sitting on it.

“Devon what are you doing in my bed?” I asked “I thought after the last time I found you in here that you had learnt your lesson” I chuckled as the memory of the one and only time I had ever found Devon in my bed entered my mind. He had scared the crap out of me, not realizing that it was him, I had used my telekinetic powers to throw him out of my bed and across my room. I then followed through with a fireball, which hit him in the head, burning off half of his hair.

He was not happy with me after that, having to shave off all his hair so he didn’t look ridicules with the bald patch that I had created. He had learnt after that, not to try to sneak into my room.

“Why would Devon come into your bedroom?” A familiar voice asked, snapping me out of my memory. That wasn’t Devon sitting on my bed.

“Shit” I whispered taken off guard by that voice “What are you doing in my room?” I asked when the shock had receded.

“I asked my question first?”

 Walking over to the light switch, I turned the lights on. I deliberately made sure I was facing away from him so I didn’t have to look at him. I stood there and thought about showing him the same fate as Devon for being in my room, but decided a little payback in a different form was in order. “Not that it is any of your business but I think it is common for a girl to have her boyfriend waiting in her bed for her,” I said smiling.

He made a small grunt “If that’s so why would he have learnt his lesson the last time he was in here?”

Shit, I cursed in my head, I didn’t really think this through properly “Because we usually sleep in his room, and when I come in here to sleep I usually means I want a night to myself” I said smiling at how easily the lie rolled off my tongue. I crossed my arms over my chest and glared at him “Now tell me why you are here Gabe?” I asked the sudden heartache I felt from saying his name had me chocking on the air I breathed. The pain brought up all the anger and hurt I felt when I found him with another women helped me continue to speak.  “I thought I made myself clear the last time we spoke that I never wanted to see you again.”

“You did” He said nodding “But when your father came to see me and said that you will be coming to hell tomorrow I wanted to come and see for myself that you really were.”

“Shouldn’t you be at hell then waiting for my arrival instead of here in my bedroom?”

“I wanted to make sure you were really coming, Lucifer is overjoyed that you have agreed to return. I wanted to make sure that you would really show. I think it would destroy him if you backed out” He said with a sigh.

 “How about this” I said crossing my arms over my chest “I will promise you that I will go there tomorrow, if you promise me that you won’t show your face in hell while I am there.”

He sighed “I can’t promise you that”

“Why not?” I asked starting to feel just a bit pissed off, why does he have to be there when I am, surely, he can just wait until I leave before showing up there.

“Because you father has asked me to be there as well”

“That’s a weak excuse,” I told him

He raised an eyebrow at me “It’s the truth”

“Whatever” I mumbled “Fine, just stay away from me, don’t talk to me, just pretend I don’t exist. Basically just act like you did after I gave you my virginity” I told him, realizing I still wasn’t over the hurt he caused me when he took off after I slept with him.

“I thought you had forgiven me for that? I explained to you what happened”

I waved him off “It doesn’t matter, just stay away from me. Stop showing up in my life and reminding me of the pain you caused me and we should get along just fine”

“We weren’t together! You came to see me but I wasn’t doing anything wrong because we weren’t together!”

“I don’t know about you Gabe, but I like to think if a guy is going to so much trouble to convince me to be with him. That he wouldn’t be out there getting it on with other girls when he isn’t here trying to win me over. You were playing me for a fool!” I shouted at him, I was starting to lose my patient with him and I could feel my inner demon thriving on it. It wanted me to be mad, it wanted Gabe to push me over the limit so it could take full control of me and be free. Taking a deep breath in an attempt to help calm down I looked up when I felt I could control myself and looked him in the eyes. “You had your chance, you blew it now get out so I can get some sleep”

“I didn’t come here to fight” He mumbled “And I didn’t come here with any intentions of getting back with you”

I would be lying If I said those words didn’t sting, but I knew this was for the best so I pushed pass the pain and nodded my head “Fine, you wanted to know if I was really going to show tomorrow, I am. Now that you know that, get out”

I didn’t wait for him to teleport out of my room, I walked over to my bed, pulling back the covers and climbing in. Once I was in my bed with my blankets covering me, I glanced over to the spot where Gabe had been standing to find he was no longer there. “Good riddance” I mumbled before laying my head back down on my pillow. After a long day and a flat out night at work it didn’t take long for sleep to claim me.