"Almost one."

I sighed. Ten minutes my ass. It had been another five hours. "Listen, I'll be home later. You can tell me how the rest of the party went."

"Will do, Evangeline! See you later."

I hung up and just sat there staring at him. He looked so peaceful and vulnerable. I wonder why he chose me? I wonder what changed in my life for me to become so lucky? He was too beautiful; too perfect. It just makes me wonder...

I was leaning forward about to press a kiss to his lips when he surprised me by saying, "Stop staring at me."

I let out a small chuckle and slipped out of Michael's arms to use the bathroom. My reflection was bad but fixable. My hair was a bird's nest from all the damned clips from last night. I took a long hot refreshing shower and grabbed a shampoo off the side to was my hair. I looked down at the pineapple logo in the corner and squeezed a handful into my hands to massage into my scalp.

As I stepped out of the shower, I wrapped the towel around myself and grabbed a hand towel for my hair.

But then I realised the only clothes I had was my dress.

I let out a small sigh and slowly opened the bathroom door only to find room empty. I walked to the bed to find a worn out white t-shirt and a pair of dark blue shorts.

I smiled at it and laughed when I saw a pair of black Calvin Klein boxers next to the shorts. I decided on slipping on the boxers, the shorts, grabbing my bra from the bathroom and putting the t-shirt on.

I towel dried my hair as best as I could because the dryer was still in the downstairs bathroom so I left it in a fluffy red mess.

I moved down the hall slowly noting how much bigger the hall looked in the day. I walked down the steps and was welcomed by a very inviting smell of bacon. I snuck into the bathroom next to the guest room and quickly brushed my teeth and grabbed the hair tie I left in there last time.

I followed the smell into the kitchen and saw Michael's back to me at the stove. I looked to the island beside the stove at the orange juice and plate of pancakes, eggs and now bacon.

He turned to me with a bright grin. "Brunch?"

"Is this why you were out this morning?" I inhaled deeply and sat down in front of the plate of food. It all looked too perfect. Michael handed me syrup and I smothered the pancakes in it. My mouth watered just looking at it.

"I don't want you to starve do I?" He said as he wrapped his arms around my shoulders and pecked my cheek. "Now eat as much as you can. And when you're done, meet me outside?"

My eyes widened. "Outside?"

He squeezed my shoulders. "You're still repeating a word from my sentences. Just meet me out back. Go down the hall turn left and the door is in the study."

"I haven't got any shoes..."

"You can borrow mine."

I laughed. "You're like a size 14!"

He scoffed. "Don't over exaggerate. I'm a size 12 and a half. Borrow my boots."

He went to walk out but I grabbed his shirt and planted a kiss to his lips. His hands cupped my face and held it firmly in place to deepen it but I slapped his chest and mumbled against his lips, "Let me eat, or it'll get cold."

He kissed me one last time before stepping back. "You initiated it, Dimples. Finish what you started next time." He winked before walking down the hall leaving that strong heady smell behind.