Chapter 8: I like You

Takaki was a few blocks away from Daiki's house. He was still hesitant if he should go apologize or not, but remembering that crying face, his guilt was eating him whole. Pacing back and forth thinking of what he would say to Daiki, how he should apologize. Not far from the gate, he saw a lot of cars and guards going out in a hurry. He hides behind a post while eavesdropping.

"Let's search somewhere in his school." The one of the guard said.

"Okay the two of you search that area." One of the guards who seemed to be the head instructed the two.

'What is happening here?' Takaki asked his self. Then he heard another guard talks.

"The young master is really a pain in the ass." The guard begrudgingly said. "We should be sleeping by now." He sighed but earned a whack from one of the guard.

"Shut up and just search. The boss will surely kill us if we can't bring the young master back."The guard said and they continued to search on the area assigned to them.

'Bring the young master back? Young master?' Then he suddenly remembered Daiki. 'Chibi!' He snapped and decided that he too should be searching. At first, he went near the school but after a couple of minutes he went to another spot. He went near the amusement park but also left for he can't also find Daiki there. He is now blaming his self. He thought Daiki got missing because of him and he will never forgive his self if something bad happened to him. 'Damn. I should just run after him and apologized.' He said while rubbing his temple, the thought of something bad might happened to Daiki gives him the headache.

It was almost two in the morning; no one can be seen on the road. Takaki went by a dark alley towards a park hoping that he might see Daiki there. He was right, the little guy was actually there sitting on a swing face covered with hands and sobs can be heard. He knew it was Daiki even though he was covering his face; he can identify the clothes he was wearing. It seems after their fight, Daiki spends the rest of the hours outside. It was cold that night, Takaki immediately took off his jacket and covered Daiki. The guy looked up and saw Takaki's worried face looking down at him.

"W-what are you... doing here?"Daiki was the first to ask. "H-how ...did you find ...me here?"

"I should be the one asking you that. What are you doing here outside? It's cold and you don't even have a coat. Were you trying to kill yourself?" Takaki tried to shout, but even if he was shouting, concern was visible on his tone.

"Why.. why are you concern about.. me..? I'm.. I'm.. just a ... nuisance." Daiki started to cry again.

Takaki can't take it anymore. He kneeled in front of the little guy, removes the hands that covering his face and wiped the tears cupping his cheeks in the process. He looked at the little guy's eyes and said. "Okay. I..I'm sorry. I didn't mean to shout at you." Daiki tried move away but Takaki was much stronger so he ended up pouting while looking at him. "I'm sorry if I pushed you that time. I was just tired and shocked."Daiki was still pouting and did not respond to him. Takaki decided to pinch his cheeks hard, it made the guy shout.

"I-ttai!"Daiki was rubbing his cheeks."What was that for?" He glared at Takaki.

"Nothing. You're just cute pouting like that. hehehe." He sticks his tongue at Daiki. Then he stood up and pulled Daiki up. "You should go home; everyone in your house was restless finding you." Daiki just nodded and followed Takaki. He was happy that Takaki was the one to find him, and at the same time apologized to him.

The last trip of the bus ended three hours ago so they decided to just walk and besides it was only a fifteen minutes walk to Daiki’s house. No one was actually saying a word but Takaki always glanced back checking if Daiki was still following him. After five minutes of walking, Takaki felt someone tugging his shirt. He looked back and saw Daiki pulling his shirt while rubbing his eyes.