Chapter 36.

Saturday. 1pm.

Keeva sat in her living room eating an apple. Her mom wasnt home yet, and she hadnt heard from Dylan or Ruby. Neither Luke.

She was deciding on what to do. She didnt have anything planned, so she could take up Luke's offer. Then again, she didnt really want too. She was scared to hang out with him.

Debating with herself on what decision to take, she sat in the silent room. She did like Luke, but she didnt want to compete with anyone. However, Dylan did say she had nothing to worry about.

This was a good thing right? She came here with the intention to change and be more confident. Luke asked her out, and she was still saying no. Sighing, Keeva stood up and walked out the living room but was distracted by something outside.

Walking to her window, she looked out to see Luke outside his garden. He was standing at the mail box, looking through mail with a tank and shorts. Deciding on something quickly, Keeva changed her mind. She smiled, as she watched Luke walk back inside.

"Fuck it" She told herself, before walking upstairs.

Getting into her room, she walked to her closet and picked out an outfit. A plain black tank with marvel type leggings. It was still warm outside, and the sun was out. Picking golden and black sandals she then walked into her bathroom before she jumped in the shower and got changed.

2:30pm

Around after an hour later, Keeva sat and done her makeup. Keeping it simple with her usual makeup, she then combed out her hair. Pinning up the sides, she brushed her bangs straight before spraying some perfume. She looked decent enough.

Picking up her phone, she mentally prepared herself for a couple of minutes before calling Luke.

' Hello? ' His voice spoke deep, through the line.

' Hi... ' Keeva stuttered a little.

' Hey whats up? ' He asked her.

' About those plans...are you doing anything right now? ' Keeva asked, surprisingly confident.

' No, I'm not doing anything! ' Luke told her.

' Great, well how would you like to bring those plans back to right now? ' Keeva asked him.

' ...Sure. Yeah cool! ' Luke sounded quite happy about that.

' Awesome, so...get you in like half an hour or something? '

' Mhm! Yeah, that sounds good. ' Luke told her.

' Right, see you in a few minutes ' Keeva giggled before hanging up.

Sitting down on her bed, she took in a breath as she smiled before laughing to herself. She checked out a date! She was proud of herself. She waited around, till it was time to leave. She took her small purse, wallet and phone in her purse before heading out with her sunglasses on top of her head.She left a note for a mom too.

Leaving her house, she locked her door before turning and seeing Luke walking over.

Okay, this was happening! Get it and keep it together Keeva.

 A smile on his face, made her reflect the same back. "Hello" She nodded. "Hi there" He chuckled. He'd changed into jeans, with converse and a plain white shirt with a long necklace. His hair was flattened down, and he had stubble.

His blue eyes stared into hers, and her stomach turned with some nerves.

"You look nice." He commented. "Oh, thanks...I guess" She let out a small chuckle. "Welcome. So uh, do you want to catch a movie now...or?" He asked a little confused. "Well, since its still early...you want to catch a late lunch?" She asked him.

What was her mouth doing? Lunch, she couldnt eat in front of strangers.

"Yeah, sure...I know a place. I can drive" He told her nodding. "Awesome, music class in the Luke car" She mocked a little making him laugh. The both of them headed towards his car and got in. Luke rolled the windows down, and put on the radio.

Used to play pretend, used to play pretend, bunny
We used to play pretend, wake up, you need the money
Used to play pretend, used to play pretend, bunny

Came on the radio. The end of the song. "Oh my gosh, I love them" Keeva commented. "Seriously?" Luke asked, a little surprised. "Yeah why...?" She asked him. "No, I like them too...not as much as Michael." He told her nodding. "Michael, likes Twenty one Pilots?" She asked. "Yeah, why?" Luke chuckled. "Just wondering" She shrugged.

Luke cleared his throat, before driving out the street and down the road. He then put on a mix, as the song finished on the radio and skipped a few before letting it play.

"So what made you change your mind?" Luke asked her. "Changed my mind?" Keeva asked. "Oh sorry, your dad called. How is he?" He asked her. "Yeah he's fine. Still doesnt know when he'll be here though..." Keeva sighed. "I'm sure it'll be soon. Dont worry" He smiled at her. Keeva smiled as she blushed a little.

Good Charlotte came on the next track and Keeva gasped a little. "I love this!" She told Luke. "You do?" He asked her. "Yeah!" She nodded.

"Educated...with money these well dressed not funny. There's not much to say in most conversations but what helps to fill in all situations" Keeva sung along quietly. "You know this right?" She asked Luke. "Yes, I do" He chuckled. "Come on, dont leave me hanging Luke" She giggled. "Yeah, no" Luke told her. "Come on, I know you can sing. I can't but I love it" She giggled.

"Girls dont like boys, girls like cars and money! Boys will laugh at girls when they're not funny!" They both sung along. Keeva laughed, as she started to lip sync along as she nodded. Luke chuckled as he looked at her, air drumming in the seat next to him. A grin spread across his face, as he stared at her. He bit onto the side of his lip, before continuing to drive.

"Do you think we'll get pulled over if I wave my arm?" Keeva laughed. "What?" Luke laughed. "Well one time that happened. I was with my friends, Cara and Penny. We were all in a car singing, and Jason got pulled over because police thought we were in trouble" Keeva giggled. The smile softened on Luke's face. "Who's Jason?" He asked her. "It was Cara's boyfriend" She nodded, as she looked out the window.