Prolouge // Switch The Beat To Avoid Yesterdays Dance

My phone buzzed and started playing the chorus of The Sign by Ace of Bass. It was really nice song to wake to. It gets you all pumped and stuff, it's great.

But, did I want my phone to ring at 7 in the morning? Absolutely not. Did I go to bed at 2 AM not expecting to be up at 7AM? You know it.

"Hello?" I whispered into the receiver with my raspy and groggy 'just-woke-up' voice. It wasn't the best to answer a phone to, especially when you were expecting a call.

"Hi, is this Hayden Lilliana Marissa Rothwell? This is Fuelled by Ramen Records. I'm sure you were expecting this call." My phone almost slipped out of my hand, from clamminess, and I knew exactly why I was getting this call, and there could only be two options.

"U-uh, yeah, the one and only. What's up?" I cleared my voice, getting into my official and important voice. 

"Oh, good. I'm sorry for calling so early, what time is it in Ontario?" I smiled at the small misconception, that usually happens rarely.

"Ontario, Oregon? It's about 7:02 in the morning right now. It's no problem though, time zones suck." I sighed, rolling onto my back, rubbing my forehead, my stiff bed making my spine hurt. I stared at the ceiling fan in my room, following its spinning pattern, the brown wood spinning into a blur of colour. I started to cross my fingers, and praying to whatever God was out there that I was going to get the good option.

"Oh, it's not that early, but still pretty early. I apologize, but, we'd love to have you with Fuelled By Ramen, Miss Rothwell. We really did like your demo you sent in." When the person on the other side said that, I must have woken up my whole complex with my screaming and stomping to my happy dance.

---
Edited

First Chapter-ISH thing.