Falling chapter one

I was the girl no one ever looked at. I was pretty, but never a head turner. At school I wasn't anything. I was smart, but not a prodigy. I was fit, but not athletic, I wasn't a loser, but I was never popular. To me it was funny, every morning I would walk past strangers. Strangers that would never look twice. Strangers that had their own lives with problems, and best friends and people they hate; and I would never know. These are the things that I think about while walking to work. It wasn't a long walk, but it was enough to lose yourself in thought. I felt a something cold splash on my cheek, then on my nose. It was starting to rain. "Crap!" I hurried along the rest of the way, only about a block. "Why didn't I check the weather?" I thought, I didn't have an umbrella and the one day that I decide to wear my new suede shoes; it rains. When I hurried into the hospital I prepared myself for the most depressing job ever; working in the morgue. When I reached my office, I checked myself in the mirror I had stashed in my desk. I fixed the bits of mascara that had smeared beneath my eyes, and combed my hair. After I looked decent I went to examine the body that arrived last night. When I went out I stopped in my tracks. Right in front of me was a man. "Uh...can I help you?" When he turned around, I saw that he was quite cute. "Who are you kidding?" I thought, "He's beautiful!" He had these unusual features, but they were perfection. Black curls tumbled over his ears, they almost reached his eyes, a vibrant green. He had the sharpest cheekbones I'd ever seen. He had full lips, curved into a friendly smile. "Woah" I thought.