Chapter 1

I sat next to my friend, Alex, in second period English. I was trying to look interested in the poetry lecture we were getting. I really liked English it was my favorite subject, but my face just makes me look naturally bored. ABC poems... Okay? Can these even be considered poems they're basically lists of things that don't make any sense.

I pretended to scribble something worth while in my notebook. I was really drawing a picture of a flower. That and working on my overdue Spanish for next hour. Good Lord I hate that class.

"The point of the poem is that every line starts with the next letter of the alphabet. The ABC poem can go on for as long as you want it to, seeing that you can repeat the alphabet as many times as you feel fit to do so. The ABC poem originated in..."

All heads turned as we heard the door swing open. There in the doorway stood a guy I'd never seen around before. Which, in our school of about 300, is pretty hard to do.

The new guy walked in and handed Ms. Henry a pink slip from the office. "Sorry I'm late." He nodded. Wow. His voice was even perfect.

I felt something touch my elbow. I turned to see Alex passing me a note. I unfolded it.

Stare much?

I rolled my eyes and wrote back to her.

What? You know I have a thing for tall guys.

I passed it back to her and saw her smirk. Oh, wipe that look off your face.

"Class we seem to have a new student." Ms. Henry stated. "Could you please tell us your name?"

The new guy leaned back in his chair. "Name's D.J." He nodded.

Wow. Cute name.

Alex rolled her eyes at the look on my face.

I took out a piece of paper and started writing a new note.

Sweet baby Jesus. Did you see how good his butt looks in those sweatpants?

I folded it up into a paper airplane and shot it at her. The look on her face said enough...

*****************************************************************************************************

Author's Note

Sorry this chapter is so short guys! It's late at night and I figured I might as well FINALLY start on this story since I've been thinking about it forever. Let me know what you guys think about my story! I might be a little slow about updating because I'm working on another story (Where Did You Go?)(Which I'm still debating on finishing) and school is starting back up. I thought this would be a decent starter chapter. I don't have a cover yet so feel free to send me your ideas! The next chapter will be longer promise!

Bethany