Chapter 4

The next day, I went to visit dad at the hospital.

"Dad?" I walked in, trying to be strong.
I couldn't stand seeing him like this. I was too stressed, also.

"Rachel, come here," he said, and I hugged him.

"Dad, I'm sorry for everything, I've let you down," I said.

"Rachel you have not let me down, I am very proud of you. I heard what you said yesterday night when you thought I fainted. I had too much pain and ache to move, and to open my eyes. I was dizzy, too. I couldn't talk, I wasn't well. You don't have to stay strong for me. I don't want you to have to lose me, because you need someone to take care of you. But listen, Rachel, you are my daughter, and you do not have to stay strong for me. You can let it out, I don't mind. If you lose me, I don't want you to cry, because I'll be in Heaven, with Jesus. You should be happy for me, I think it's my time, to go. I love you."
And with that said, I cried.

"Oh, dad! Please, don't leave me!"
I couldn't take it! Dad was my best friend, I know, he was my dad, but I loved him so much!

-

I had to go to soccer
I saw my friends, and ran over to them.

"Hey, I just saw my dad, he's in the hospital, I don't think he has much longer to live."

"Whatever," Dianna said, and whipped her hair.

"Excuse me?" I said.

"Rachel, we don't care about your dad! We want to paly soccer, and it's not fair that you made the team, and we didn't!" Bridget yelled.

"Bridget, I-" I was interrupted by Georgie, yelling, "Shut up!"

They left me, but I had to defend my dad, "You know what? I don't care, I don't need friends! True friends will stick up for you, they won't push you around, like you're doing me! You don't have to care about me, or my family, but I care about yours, because I'm not selfish! I do not understand why you act like this, but you need to change your ways! I can't believe I'm doing this, but I have to defend my father!"

They turned around, some of them rolled their eyes, some of them crossed their arms and walked away.

I walked away, hurt, and angry.

I had to let go of all my worries and problems, and place them into Jesus' Hands.
I need to let go, and let God, take control.

I left to the field to play soccer, but the kneepads, uniforms, and soccer balls, were missing!

Someone stole them, and I had to figure out who.
It was up to me, to solve this mystery.

-

I walked home, instead of getting a ride.
I was hurt, angry, frustrated, and all that. Life isn't easy, but it'll all be worth it when I reach Heaven to be with Jesus.

"Lila, where are you?" I asked.

She ran and hugged me.

"Listen, Lila, everything's going to be okay with dad. You need to Trust Jesus, okay Lila? Jesus will help us!" I started to cry, not because I was stressed, but because of how Great, and Amazing Jesus is, and how He will move mountains for us, and how He will take care of us.

"Okay, Rachel."

Lila actually understood, kinda!

If Jesus can help a little girl like Lila to believe in Him, He can help me, too.

-

I was reading my Bible, trying to get closer to Jesus, and trying to Know Him better. I was thinking of myself, and putting myself first, when I should've been putting Jesus first, and think of Him, and think of others...I realized what I had to do...