3. Trying To Push You Out

Start from the beginning

I smirk and walk over to stand next to her, "Me." I say taking the mallet from her hands, she lays the watch down on the wooden cutting board and I quickly slam the mallet onto the watch busting it into pieces, "Ooh me next." She says excitedly.

Within five minutes we completely destroyed the once gold and beautiful watch, Arianna grabbed the box and brushed all the pieces inside and closed it up, I took the box from her hands and made plans to mail it back to Jessica.

"Well that was fun."

[End Flashback]

"Uh what watch?" I ask, acting as if I never received one in the first place.

"I sent you a Rolex for Christmas when you were dating that monster who broke us up." She says cruelly.

I felt the heat rise up in my blood but pushed it aside, "Never got one." I say adjusting my watch.

"Oh well, that's weird." She says slowly dropping the subject.

"Well I'm going already, I'll see you later tonight." I say going to the door.

"Wait, no kiss?"

I roll my eyes and turn back around to face her, I quietly walk back to the bed and lean down placing a soft kiss onto her lips, no spark, no racing heartbeat, no need or want, just simple and dead.

I wave a bye and exit the room grabbing my keys from the key hook by the door and quickly leaving to meet the guys at our favorite restaurant.

I pulled up to the old Mexican restaurant, the same one we all go to so many times a year, and parked the car. I made my way inside and found the guys sitting at a table in the back, "Yo!" Mike calls out as I get near. I laugh and shake my head then give each of them a fist bump.

"What's up guys?"

"What's up with you? Haven't seen you in like two weeks man?" Vic asks while dipping his tortilla chip in the red hot sauce.

"Moving is crazy business." I simply reply.

"Why did you guys move in the first place? There was nothing wrong with the old place." Vic continues to ask.

"She didn't want to be there."

"That's some bullshit." Tony mutters.

I give him a 'don't start' look, "What? I'm saying the truth, she moves because she doesn't want to be in a house that you and Ari left so many memories together in." but he wasn't lying, that's why she made me move. It wasn't a mutual decision, it was forced.

"Tony man..." Mike says noticing the obvious tension.

"No, he's right. It wasn't a mutual decision, she made me move." I confess.

"But it's the past and we moved so let's just move on from it." I say wanting to stay away from any conversation that involved Arianna.

We enjoyed our dinner and sat talking for a little while longer, I was on my second beer and was finally feeling more uplifted than I was at the beginning.

"If I tell you guys something, you promise not to judge my thoughts." I say staring at the half empty glass of Tecate beer.

"When have we ever judged you Hime?" Mike questions.

"Never."

"Exactly, so go ahead and speak your thoughts."

I think for a second about what I noticed this afternoon and find words to say that won't make me look stupid, "So I was watching Mason this afternoon while Jessica was at lunch and when I was looking at him," I was using all sorts of hand gestures to explain what was going on through my head.