16. Wildest Dreams

Start from the beginning

He shook his head and led us back to my trailer.

"I know you need to get Ophie and turn back into Emily, so I'll wait for you in my trailer." He said before kissing me and heading to his trailer.

I went inside to see the TV on and Finding Nemo playing.

I looked around and saw Mavi sitting on the floor in front of the TV.

"Hey baby, what are you doing here?" I crouched down and asked her.

"Em!" She smiled immediately upon seeing me and put her arms around me. I picked her up and Ophie jumped up to lick my hands.

"What the hell is going on?" I walked to the back of the trailer and it was empty.

"Mav, who brought you here?" I asked.

She pointed to the front door. "Momma."

I furrowed my eyebrows and dialed Stephen.

"Miss me already?" He answered.

"You need to get back here now." I said and hung up.

Less than a minute later he was standing in front of me with a confused look on his face.

"Maverick?"

She waved at him. "Dada!"

"Did Cassandra drop her off?" He asked puzzled.

I shook my head. "I don't know. She was in here by herself watching TV. Ophie was lying next to her."

He pulled his phone out and dialed her number, but before he could even hit send the door opened and she appeared with a cup of coffee and Mavi's diaper bag.

"Cass? What the hell?!" Stephen said angrily.

I put my hand on his arm to calm him down and remind him that his daughter was right here.

She sighed, out of breath. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I went to your trailer first, but it was locked and after the aquarium, Mav started crying for you and I just didn't want to keep her from you if you were what she wanted." Her eyes had now left Stephen and she was talking directly to me.

"This is your weekend and you've only kept her one night." I said.

She nodded. "I know, but what do you expect me to do?"

Stephen's POV

We listened to Cassandra's story and I could tell we were both baffled, by how fast Mavi had become attached to Emily.

"If it's not a lot to ask..."

I stopped her. "I don't want this to come back and bite me in the ass, Cassandra. We both have to work all night so she would either stay here or Italia would have to come pick her up. Are you seriously telling me that you can't handle your own daughter?"

She let a tear fall, but wiped it away quickly, unlike with Emily, I couldn't tell what Cassandra was feeling or if it was even real.

"You think I want this. I already have limited time with her, but I'm not going to keep her away from who she wants to be with, Steve. You should know me better than that."

"Fine. If this is what YOU want. Did you bring all her stuff?" I asked.

She nodded and set the bag down next to Emily. At this point Willa knocked on the door. I let her in and she immediately went for Mavi, ignoring everything else going on.

"Do you mind keeping an eye on her for a sec? We have some stuff to discuss outside." Emily asked.

Willa nodded and Emily led us outside.

"What's going on?" Cassandra asked.

"I hope I'm not overstepping here, but even if I am, I don't care. What would possess you to leave a one-year-old by herself in a studio trailer with a dog?!" She raised her voice only slightly, not enough to make a scene.

Cassandra stared at the ground.

"Well?" I asked.

"I left her bag in the car and I knew that she was used to being around your dog, you know how Mavi is, I didn't think anything would happen in the two minutes I was gone."

Emily rolled her eyes. "It seriously seems like you became a mother last night. It doesn't take that much common sense to know that you don't leave a one-year-old by herself."

Cassandra gave in. "Ok! I know I'm not perfect and you both proved that not too long ago, so can we just let it go. You won. You have Mavi. You have the love that you've always wanted. Now can I go?"

I put my hand out, gesturing her to leave.

She didn't take a second look before storming off.

"I honestly don't think she should have even 20% custody." Emily said angrily.

I rubbed her back as we walked up the steps to my trailer. "We will get through this, don't worry."

We got inside to see Mavi sitting across from Willa with her phone.

"Hey what time do you go on tonight?" I asked.

She looked at her watch. "Not until 10. What do you need?"

"It's going to take Rob about an hour to get here and we have to get back in 20, do you mind..."

She cut me off. "Don't worry. I got her."

I smiled and hugged her. "Thank you so much."

"I'm actually going to put her down first, before I go back..." Mavi yawned. "...I know she's tired." Emily finished.

I smiled and kissed her. "Alright, I'm going to call Rob and Italia."

I walked back outside as Emily picked up Mavi and the diaper bag.

"Already on my way." He answered.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"Ems text Italia about 5 minutes ago." He said.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What are you talking about? I've been with her this whole time and she just let me come outside to call you?"

"Robert!" I heard Italia in the background.

"Ow! Shit. Sorry. Apparently I wasn't supposed to say anything, Ems wanted you to think this was your idea."

I rolled my eyes. "You're an idiot."

He laughed. "I know. I'll see you in a bit."

"Or wait never mind. I'll see Willa and actually Emily doesn't want us to take Mav? She pleaded Italia to stay on set just in case. So I guess we'll be crashing in your room."

I agreed and hung up. I went back inside quietly. Emily was sitting on the bed and rocking Mavi to sleep.

I kissed the top of her head. "You're amazing." I whispered.

She smiled. "I know. Thank you though."

I watched the both of them and took in the moment. This really was the perfect life.