8. This is gonna take me down.

A/N: Because of the Arrow hiatus and all the feels from the mid season finale I decided to post this early instead of waiting a whole week! Thanks for all the love support for this story! Please comment and vote! I love hearing your input. Once again thank you and enjoy!

Emily's POV

I watched as Cassandra walked out the front door with a sleeping baby in her arms. Stephen didn't go after her, I imagined he knew it would only make things worse.

"She was supposed to be in California." He whispered.

I grabbed his hand and sat down with him.

"I'm sorry." He sighed.

I shook my head. "No. You don't have to be sorry. This isn't your fault."

He groaned. "She had no right to speak about you that way."

I squeezed his hand. "I'm fine. She didn't hurt my feelings. I'm worried about you. I'm going to call Rob."

He nodded and I got up to grab my phone out of my purse.

"Hey Robbie. We need you and Italia back at the house." I said.

"Everything okay?" He asked concern.

"No." I answered simply. Not wanting to go into much detail over the phone.

"Okay. On our way." I hung up and went back to Stephen's side.

"She's never going to let me see her again." He cried.

I wrapped my arms around him. "There's no way she can get away with that. We will figure this out."

He looked up at me. "We?"

I nodded. "There's no way I can walk away now. You're stuck with me. If you want me?"

He smiled and kissed me.

I laughed. "I guess I'll take that as a yes."

About 20 minutes later Robbie burst through the door with a Batman suit on and I completely lost it.

"Are you kidding me, Rob?!" Stephen said in between breaths. He was laughing harder than I was.

"Do you just carry that suit in your car?" I asked.

Italia answered for him. "Yes. Yes he does." Not bothered at all by her fiancé's antics.

"So seriously what's the problem?" He asked sitting across from Stephen and I.

"Cassandra was here. She took Mav." Stephen responded.

Stephen laced his fingers with mine and squeezed my hand.

"I'm legitimately scared that I won't get my daughter back. Cassandra knows that she can win the custody battle."

Italia sat down with Robbie. "We'll just take it day by day. Don't worry. I know it's easier said than done, but we all have your back."

He nodded and we all sat in a comfortable silence for a while. Ending the night with wine and House of Cards.

A week later.

Things with Stephen had been going pretty well. We were keeping our relationship a secret from everyone on set except, Colton and Katie. Today we would be filming a particularly difficult scene, and I was nervous because we were happy with each other and it was hard to hide it. Cassandra had taken Mavi to her moms place in Palm Springs and would only text Stephen with updates about the baby every other day. He was going crazy, but decided to let the lawyers sort everything out.