Chapter 9: Saviour

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, a loud sound of something crashing makes me jolt up from my spot.

I quickly walk over to my door and pull it open to head into the hallway. I'm pretty sure the sound came from Justin's room.

I knock lightly on the door. "Justin?" I call out to him.

"Are you okay in there?"

I hear something else crash and a loud grunt. Sighing, I open the door.

His room is spotless and I don't see any messes or him for a matter of fact either. "Justin?"

I close the door behind myself and walk to where I think he might be in his bathroom. I call out to him again and warn him that I would be opening the door. When I do, I see Justin sitting on his bathroom floor in pain.

I gasp, "Oh my god, what happened?"

Justin just glares up at me and I take a look around. There's shards of glass everywhere and I suddenly notice the cracked mirror. Oh.

Justin is glaring down at his hand where little pieces of glass are pinching into his skin and I cringe. "Okay, let me help you up." I say moving towards him. I'm extra wary, trying not to step on any glass as I do so. How the heck did he break the mirror? Or more specifically, why did he do it. I can feel myself start to panic, my mind going crazy, but I tried to calm myself down. He'll be fine, Bea. I tell myself.

Luckily, he didn't have any big injuries from the shards of glass and I was able to move him out of the bathroom and into his bedroom.

After spending time making sure he didn't have any more pieces of glass stuck into his arms or legs I move back from him and stare down at him. He won't look my way.

"What happened in there?" I cross my arms over my chest.

I obviously have to inform my dad about this. I'm just worried about Justin. Did he freak out in there? Was he upset about something?

"Too loud," He says in a low voice.

I furrow my eyebrows when I realize the party is still going on. I guess seeing Justin on the floor with broken glass around him sent me into a bit of a panic and I kinda forgot about what was happening out there.

"Yeah... its pretty noisy out there," I say. "Are you okay, Justin?"

He nods.

"I'm going to clean up this mess. You just... stay inside." I say. He already knows that he's not supposed to go outside and I doubt that he would even want to on his own free will.

After cleaning up the glass, I go out to the hall and notice Justin is no longer where he once was, sitting by his door.

"Justin?" I call out. No response.

I look around the hall and check the rooms, but he's nowhere upstairs. I start going down the stairs, calling his name again. Still no answer.

"Oh my god," I halt when I notice the sliding door to the backyard wide open and Justin stomping out to the yard. "No, no, no,"

I'm already sprinting out the door and into the yard where the party was happening. Justin is already by the pool and getting closer to where the music station was set up. He must be pretty angry about how loud everything is.

I'm pushing past people, mumbling small 'sorry's and 'excuse me's. I'm getting closer to him when someone grabs onto my arm. "Woah, slow down!"

I recognize that voice. I turn in shock to see Grant. "Grant? What are you doing here?" I'm trying to look past Grant's tall figure to see if I can find Justin. I got him in view when Grant speaks up again, catching my attention.

"I came here to see you!"

At any other moment, I would be happy and excited. But right now, I'm too distracted and worried about getting to Justin more than anything.

"That's great, Grant. Can you just give me a second?" I ask.

He furrows his brows, suddenly realizing that I was in some sort of panic. "Sure, is something-"

"We'll talk later," I call out to him, already pushing past other people from mine and Noah's grade.

"Justin!" I yell as loud as I could, and he suddenly stops and turns.

His eyes lock with mine and I notice how they widen in shock. That's when I feel myself being lifted up into the air by someone.

"Bea Ashby, my favourite person ever!" I recognize Noah's dick of a friend, Xavier, shout. "Xavier, put me down!" I shout, banging my clenched fists on his back.

"Yeah, Xavier," Someone shouts, "Drop her in!"

"W-what?" I suddenly realize what the person meant by 'drop her in'. "No, no, no, Xavier, don't please don't." I start to panic again. I can't swim! He know's I can't swim.

"Throw her in! Throw her in!" People around us start to chant. "Xavier, don't!" I yell, kicking my legs and trying to get him to put me down on and out of the water.

"Wait, Xavier!" I hear Noah yell once he realizes why everyone is chanting.

But it's too late, he's already throwing me right into the water as if I weighed nothing at all. People cheer and I feel my body fall right into the deep end of the water.

That's when I start to drown. I'm still panicking as I attempt to keep my head above the water. No one around me seem's to realize that I'm drowning. "Help!"

That's when I feel someone wrap their arms around me, and lift me out from the deep end. I instantly start to cough up water when my head hits the surface. The person takes me out and lays me out on the ground, people surrounding us.

"J-justin," I stutter. He doesn't say a word as he looks down at me, water dripping down from his hair and body, his hand placed on my cheek.

I'm still in shock from what just happened and I hear Noah yell 'move' as he rushes over with Grant by his side. He instantly wraps me up in the towel. "Are you okay?" He asks.

"F-fine,"

Noah nods, gulping visibly. Grant kneels down to wrap an arm around me. "Are you sure?" I nod my head. I just want to go inside and forget that this ever happened. I notice that Justin moved back a bit, giving us some space.

We both stare at each other until l hear Noah and Xavier arguing. "Dude, i forgot that she couldn't swim! I'm sorry!"

"You shouldn't be apologizing to me," Noah growls and Xavier turns to look at me. "I'm so sorry, Beatrice."

"You should be," Grant's voice responds before I could. "You want me to take her in?"

"I'll come with you." Noah says, both of them helping me up from the ground. They're already guiding me back to the house and I can't help, but look back over at Justin who's just standing there, watching us walk away.

I try to call out to him, but I can't seem to find my voice. "You're in shock, don't worry." Grant whispers to me. "I'll take care of you."

I close my mouth and look away from Justin. He saved me... again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

And here we go! finally, an update aha.

So what did you guys think? I really wanted to write a scene where Bea falls (or get's pushed in or whatever) into the water and have Justin save her so yep, that's that.

-Diana