Chapter 7: "..Daddy is going away tomorrow.."

Start from the beginning

We walked into the living room, and he set down his backpack

"Kids!" Carter yelled,"Get down here now! Family meeting!" Soon feet were heard, and we saw the kids coming down the stairs. Kayden had Sierra and Katrina, and Lucy walked behind him.

"Should I go get Dalton?" Lucy asked.

"No he's to little," I sighed. The kids sat on the couch, and Carter and I sat on the coffee table.

"What's going on?" Kayden asked.

"Remember earlier when we talked about your Uncle Cole?" I frowned.

"Yeah," Lucy answered.

"Well," Carter paused,"I'm going to Russia....My plane leaves tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?" Kayden gaped.

"Yes tomorrow," Carter addressed. I could tell Sierra and Katrina were confused so I sat in front of them.

"Katrina. Sierra, daddy is going to go away tomorrow," I clarified.

"Why?" Katrina asked, and looked at Carter.

"For your uncle," Carter stated,"He's lost and I have to go find him."

"When are you coming back?" Sierra asked. 

"Soon," Carter sighed.

"How soon is soon?"Kayden wondered.

"Soon," Carter stated once more. "After school I'm leaving, and Kayden while I'm gone you're the man of the house." Kayden nodded sadly.

"Alright,"I announced,"Bedtime."

Kayden's POV

After the family meeting, I was laying in my room thinking about what just happened. If Uncle Cole really is lost, then how does my dad expect to find him?

I got up from my bed, and walked over to my drawer. I dug around in the top drawer, until I found my gun. I pulled it out, and examined it. Am I really going to be able to handle the gang life? If my parents find out they'll hang me...

 Am I really going to be able to handle the gang life? If my parents find out they'll hang me

I was shaken from my thoughts by a knock at my door. I quickly put the gun back in my drawer, and closed it.

"Come in," I hollered. The door opened, and Lucy came in.