Gone

Nate

I couldn't take it anymore. Kissing right in front me as if they were the only couple in the world.

I ran out of the cafeteria, going anywhere to avoid the pain I was feeling.

The heartache I felt. Breaking my heart into little glass pieces.

Maybe I deserve it?

I let her go. For just a stupid threat against my brother's mistake instead of fighting.

I do love my brother but he made his mistakes and he needs to pay not me.

Running towards my car, I jumped in and drove towards my house.

Reaching my house, I quickly unlock the door and got inside. Dropping my bag, I got out my phone from my back pocket I dialled my brother. He responded on the first dial.

"Hello" he said.

"Hey, dear brother" I responded back with angryness.

"Hey waz up Nate".

"Don't hey waz up me. For your fault, I lost the girl I love"

"How is that my fault? " he asked

"Thanks to you selling stupid drugs at my highschool before you graduated last year a girl is blackmailing me to date her so she won't tell on you for selling!"

"Oh shit! Does she have prove?"

"Yes, you motherfucker! She showed me" I yelled.

"Shit, okay what's her name?"

"Maddy Fashian"

"Mmhmm that name sounds familiar. Ok I'll handle it"

"How?" I asked.

"I'll search up her name and try to find info on her. Don't worry brother I have it under control."

"Alright" I sighed out

"And Nate"

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry"

"It's ok brother, I knew you were going through a hard time"

"Thanks but still I'm sorry"

With that he ended the call.

I looked at my phone and remembered when he first did drugs and sold it.

***Flashback***

He had just finished being a sophmore in highschool and I had just graduated from 8th grade when a tragic came. Our little sister named Marla was diagnosed with cancer.

She fought a hard battle throughout summer. Everyone was always next to her in the hospital. She always smiled even if she was tired and pale. She went through Chemo, lost her hair but she was still strong.

Everyday she looked paler but that didn't stop her. We always cheered her up when she looked down but she always told us to be strong if she ever left. We didn't leave her side until that fateful day when she left us.

One second she was smiling and telling us she loved us and her hearing we loved her back. Then she was closing her eyes with her bright smile tugging her lips. She never woke up afterwards.

***Flashback end***

Sad part is that she was bearly 10 and cancer had won her but cancer never won her spirit.

That day our family broke apart. Everyone expressing their pain in different ways.

Our parents became workaholics never being home. My brother Matt turned to drugs, doing and selling always hanging out with his friends. Me, well I grew up being alone but did one thing that got me through this state. Living my sister's and I dream to establish a store where we rescued animals found on the streets and finding them homes.

Marla knew I had started this business when I told her one week before she was diagnosed. She helped all the way. We named the store A New Beginning. 

She loved all the animals inside and so did I.

After she was gone it was hard but I made it through with the help of the animals. They kept me occupied with finding them homes and taking care of them.

I loved my sister Marla and that's why I kept a pic of her in phone, always looking at it when I need strength to live in this world.

Finally closing my phone. I went to my room and layed down drifting to sleep with just a couple of tears falling down for my sister and the love I'm loosing.