"Oh the girl that been at Angel and Keen wedding? Didn't really get to talk to her. Nae did, she say she cool. Just know what you doing son."  My mom said and hand me my baby.

"I do mom, I really do like this girl. She different. I can feel it." I said.

"Have you told her that?" She asked me.

Huh? How I didn't know she was going to ask me that. I feel a slap at the back of my head coming.

"Nah I haven't." I said as I look down at my son.

"Boy." She hit me in the back of my head. "Why the hell not?"

"Scared I guess. I never really been in love. Look at me, 23 years old and really didn't have a girlfriend. I don't count Dasha that was puppy love and look what the girl Angel did to me. That's not love mama." I said. My son had fallen asleep in my arms.

"All I'm saying is, don't rush into things. If you going up there, better know what you doing. You better go like a man on mission to get his girl. Don't play with that girl heart KD. How old she is anyway?" My mom asked as My dad came back downstairs.

"What girl?" My dad said being all nosey.

"Angel cousin." My mom said.

"J?" My dad asked.

"Yeah her." My mom said.

"Oh she cool peeps. I'm going to New York for a good five years so I can get that accent she got." My dad said walking in the kitchen.

My mom shook her head and looked over at me.

"His ass not going anywhere."

I chuckled.

Jewel

Just getting out of class, and I am tired. KD waking people up out their sleep, when he got home from work. I think I fall right back to sleep on him, when I answer the phone.

I meet up with my friend Bree at the cafeteria at school. I really wanted Chinese food, but didn't felt like walking off campus.

When I walked in the cafe, I saw that Bree was already there. I walked over to her.

"Took you long enough." She said to me.

"Sorry, had to talk to the my professor about the test I have tomorrow." As I sat down in front of her.

"Well here is your food. I didn't know what you wanted so I just got chicken and fries." She slide my food over to me.

"Thanks."

She nodded her head.

"So I been thinking, there is a party Friday night and we should go." Bree said.

"Hmm I'll think about it." I replied as I put a fry in my mouth.

"Girl what's there to think about? It's a party, drinks, dancing, and boys." She said.

"I'm not looking for a boy. I have a man." I smiled.

"I know you still not talking about that KD guy. Jewel wake up. If he was going to ask you out. He probably would have already. You don't know what he doing all the way in another state." Bree said.

In a way Bree have a point, but that's KD. He wouldn't hurt me. Would he?

"You right. Fine I'll go to that party with you." I said to get as she dance in her seat.

A voice in the back of my head told me don't do it. But oh well I'm going. Bree did had a point. If KD was going to ask me out he would have done it by now. So I'm not going to wait around for him anymore. My phone started vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out. Him😘❤️

I stood up to go answer it.

Me: hey

KD: wassup, what you doing?

Me: in the cafe eating.

KD: you want to talk later?

Me: no! You fine.

KD: *laughing* just holla at me later.

Me: fine. Talk to you later.

I walked back over to Bree. I ate my food as we talk. I was excited for this party we was going on. I couldn't wait to go.

************
Thoughts?

I think KD is running out of time😰😱

Comment, Vote, Share

-NewMommy014