3- Ouch That Burned

LUKE POV

This Vanessa girl is pretty and cute. She's pretty cute, I guess you could say. After accidentally liking her tweet, I was a lot more careful as I was going through her profile. Past that throwback picture there wasn't much to look at. Just the usual weird stuff every young teen tweets. I decided to check out her friend, Sierra's profile and I discovered a lot more. I learned how beautiful Vanessa really was. She rarely wore much makeup, but when she did she was hot.

I was interrupted by a notification from my DMs. I don't follow many people anymore. Just a few close friends. All the fans were getting irritating, so I unfollowed them all. I watched as messages from Vanessa kept rolling in. 'I LOVE YOU,' 'OMG THANK YOUXX,' and a bunch of other random shit. For a second it stopped and I debated replying. I decided to because it was getting annoying. I knew exactly what to send to piss her off.

'You're welcome, VANESSA. Anything for a FA--' and I was cut off. A last message was sent and I froze in anger.

'Actually, no. You know what, Luke Hemmings? I do not love you. In fact, I am jealous of all the people who still think you're a nice, sweet boy, and are ob liv ious to the fact that you are just a no-good, scumbag.'

'How do you like me now, pretty boy?'

I carefully put down my phone, not wanting to break another phone, and clenched my fists. Who the hell does she think she is? Nobody calls me a scumbag, and I am certainly NOT just some pretty boy! I ranted to myself. I took a deep breath. No one calls me names and gets away with it.

'My dear Vanessa. See that is where you are wrong. I just choose to be that way. I am actually VERY endearing. However, I didn't think you were that gullible. You know, you are the bad person. You are actually depriving some village somewhere of an idiot.'

I sent the message, content with how much of an asshole I sounded like. I waited and got no response. Wherever she is, she is probably ignoring me, or sleeping, and I should be too.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

(next morning)

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

"RISE AND SHINE, LUKE! YOU'VE GOT REHEARSALS TODAY!" Dave yells through the door. I groan and roll over. Instead of just rolling over, I unknowingly roll into nothingness and fall on the floor. I grunt in pain and just lay there.

"LUKE, YOU HAVE GOT TO GET UP!"

"Okay, okay, I'm coming," I groan. I dress myself real quick and run out to meet the other boys at breakfast.

"Hey, Luke," Michael says cautiously.

"Morning, bud," Calum says just as cautiously.

Ashton just nods his head and lifts his mug of coffee at me, not raising his eyes from the newspaper he's holding.

"Hey guys," I sigh. This is the first time I have voluntarily talked to them since Arzaylea and I broke up.

Michael and Calum lift their eyebrows at each other, surprised to have gotten a response from me. I shrug my shoulders at them and wave the waitress over. She looks a little jittery as I prepare to order.

"I'll have a hot chocolate with whipped cream and an All American," I nod at her.

"How would you like your eggs, what kind of toast would you like, and what kind of meat would you like?" She asks almost nervously.

"Sunny side up, whole wheat, and bacon," I go to hand her the menu. I cough. "Please."

She takes the menu and hurries off. The boys are all staring me because of my use of manners. I look at them all and, as kindly as I can, I flip them off. The boys quickly look away. I look down at my phone and go immediately to Vanessa's twitter. I check my DMs from her. Nothing, so far. I reread our messages. I can't help but smile a bit.