00.

September 5,2005

Kai's P.O.V.

"Ok class, settle down." My new 4th grade homeroom teacher told the class. Everyone sat down next to their friends with the exception of me. I didn't really get along with none of the kids here maybe because I wasn't like them. Unlike other girls in my school I wore baggy clothes and my curly hair in a messy pony tail. But What you expect when your dad dresses you. And on top of that I had crooked teeth. So nobody even try to attempt to get to know me. And to tell you the truth I was okay with that.

"Good morning class." My teacher said once everyone took their seats and were quiet."My name is Ms.Allen and I'll be your home-"

Ms.Allen was then cut off when the door open to reveal our school principal and a nerdy looking boy around my age.

"Good morning Ms.Allen and Class. " the Principal said.

"Good morning Mr.Griffin. " The entire class responded but me. My eyes were focus on the boy.

"Ms.Allen this is Brandon. He's a transfer from Clark Elementary." He explained. "Brandon this is Ms.Allen she'll be your homeroom teacher for the year."

"Hi Brandon, you can just take your seat anywhere you like."

Brandon nodded then search for a seat. Surprisently out of the three seats he chose the one beside me.

I took a second to feel him out. By looks he could dress seeing he had on the latest Nike gear.

I guess he caught me staring because he turn to me.

"Wassup." He said giving me a big grin. OMG his eyes. They were the perfect shade of hazel and light brown. And his smile was perfect.

"Hi . " I said still taken away from how cute he was.

"I'm Brandon, what's your name?"

"It's S-Sekai." I said stuttering slightly.

"That's pretty, can I call you Kai ?" He ask.

"Thanks and yeah. "

He nodded then leaned back in his seat.

"Okay Class." Ms.Allen said after the small convo with Mr.Griffin. "Lets get the school day started should we ?" She then went on to lecture about classroom policies.

"So who do you usually sit with at lunch?" Brandon ask.

"No one." I said a little embarrassed.

"Why?" He ask like he couldn't tell why. It was obvious.

"I don't have any friends." I told him anyway.

Brandon just smiled goofily.

"What?" I ask looking at the strange boy.

"Thats not true, you got me now." He stated.

I laughed happy that I at least had someone.

"Okay." I agreed.

"Best friends?" He ask.

I smile and said, "Best friends."

"Brandon and Sekai unless what you're talking bout is more important than my policies than yall need to focus on me." Ms.Allen giving us a warning glare causing the whole class to look back at us.

Brandon and I laughed and decided to obey her before our recess got taking away. Not knowing what we were in for in the future but through it all knowing we had each other.