t w e n t y

audrey's p.o.v

I sat in my room, passing the time by binge-watching Friends and eating whatever food I could get my hands on.

At about 7:00 at night, Ashton peeked his head into my room, a tiny smile on his face.

"Audrey?" His voice rang out from the doorway of my room. I looked up at him. "Can we talk?"

I raised my eyebrows. "About what?" I asked hesitantly.

He shrugged, making his way into the room. "I don't know. No one's home, so I thought we'd talk, just the two of us."

I nodded slowly. Calum was at work and Jaylee was off doing who knows what with her new friends from the volleyball team. She finally found herself some new people to hang around.

Oh well, guess that's what happens when you call someone's mom a slut and have to find new friends.

"Sure, come here." I said to him, sliding over on the bed to make room.

He sat down next to me, stretching out his long legs in front of him. "Friends?" He asked, glancing down at my glowing laptop screen. I nodded. "That show made me wanna live in New York someday."

I looked up at him, a small grin on my face. I shut the laptop and put it on the nightstand beside me. "Oh, me too. When I was younger I used to make plans to runaway there."

Ashton looked at me, grinning. "Maybe we can runaway together."

"I wish." I mumbled quietly to myself, leaning my head back against the headboard of the bed.

"So how come you're sitting in your room doing nothing? Where's Luke?" Ashton questioned.

I shrugged, looking down at the outfit I put on three hours ago. "I couldn't tell you. We were supposed to go out tonight but I guess he had other plans."

Luke and I had been together for a few months now and things weren't going as well as I hoped. Everything was great at first, but now he seemed awfully distant with me. I didn't like it at all.

Maybe him and I were better off as friends.

"Yeah, I haven't seen him around here lately." Ashton commented, running a hand through his sandy hair. "And when he is, I see him-"

"With Calum?" I cut him off; he nodded. "Yeah, I know. Trust me, I've noticed. It's hard not to." I let out a soft sigh, glancing at the sleeping laptop next to me. I wasn't in the mood for Netflix anymore.

Luke was never with me anymore. And when we made plans to be together, he never came through on his end of the deal.

I'm almost 100% sure he's as into me as I'm into him. And that's little to none.

"I think he's gay."

I looked to Ashton, my eyebrows raised. "Calum?"

Ashton shook his head, a quick laugh escaping his lips. "No, that kid's as straight as they come. I meant Luke."

I glanced over at my bedside table, my eyes on the framed picture of Luke and I from when we were in middle school. The thought of him being gay never really crossed my mind. But it did make sense now that the idea had been introduced.