e i g h t e e n

ashton's p.o.v

It's been almost two months since Audrey and I ended almost every tie we had with each other. Needless to say, we both moved on. Sort of. Not really. She did, anyway.

"Luke!" Audrey let out a small squeal as she ran towards the tall, blonde boy standing in the doorway. "What are you doing here!?"

He gave her a grin, picking her up into his arms and hugging her tightly. "Miss me, Aud-ball?" He asked as he set her back down on her feet.

I sat down at the top of the stairs, letting out a huff that only I could hear. They weren't even together, but they sure did act like it.

"Dude, you really need to get over her. You look like a lost puppy, but not the cute kind."

My eyes scanned the area around me, finally landing on a hand that was on my shoulder. I glanced up, looking straight at Michael.

I rolled my eyes, glancing down at the two still standing in the doorway, talking about whatever they were going to do tomorrow. "Leave me alone, alright? I miss her."

Michael took a seat down next to me, running a hand through his now blue-green hair. "I'm just saying. I don't like seeing you so down like this."

"Do you think I like being like this? All I wanna do is get over her, but I can't escape her." I answered, burying my head into my hands.

"Whatever happened to Crystal - oh, my bad, Krystal with a K? Is she still around?" He asked, causing me to let out a groan.

I nodded slowly. "Unfortunately, yeah. But I don't think I wanna go down that road again."

Michael raised his eyebrows, giving me a look I recognized, but couldn't decipher. Then, he said something that was very much like him to do.

"Go call her and get yourself laid. You're miserable." He said, then heading back into the guest room he was staying in for the weekend.

Almost instantly, Jaylee walked up the stairs, giving me the same look Michael just did. "Dad?"

I looked up at her, nodding. "What's up, love?"

She raised her eyebrows as she sat down next to me on the stairs. "What's up with you? You've been pretty weird lately."

"Have I?" I asked, which she nodded to. I gave her a small shrug. "Oh, I don't know then. I've been fine."

Jaylee nodded slowly, wrapping her fingers around the warm mug of coffee placed in her hands. "Right, keep telling yourself that." She said, standing up. "Well, let me know if you need anything." She finished, heading into her bedroom and shutting the door behind her.

Before anyone else had the chance to question what was going on inside my head, I stood up and headed down the stairs, walking straight into the empty living room. I looked back into the hall, watching what was happening.

"So I'll see you tomorrow?" Luke said, his eyes scanning the tiny brunette in front of him. They were back standing in the doorway.

Calum strolled into the front hall, a soccer ball in his hand. "Stop flirting with my sister and let's go! We have a championship game to win next week."