Chapter 4.21 (The vision)

The first day of the new term arrived, and Aurora set off to her lessons.

Yesterday they finally figured out what exactly Madam Leighton's job was at Hogwarts.

"Magical sexual education?" Read Elizabeth out loud from her timetable. "That's different from normal sex ed, how?"

"Maybe this is about having sex with magical creatures," shrugged Aurora.

"What?"

"What?" Said Aurora, frowning. "It actually happens a lot. I mean Fleur is part-Veela for Christ's sake. And the Blacks have reproduced with magical creatures for centuries."

So that's how they all ended up inside of a classroom on the third floor. "Welcome, welcome," Madam Leighton said as she motioned them to come forward.

Aurora had never seen her classmates be this hesitant to sit down.

Every single fourth year had gathered in the large classroom, looking around them with a mixture of anxiety and enthusiasm.

Aurora saw Draco looking bored, standing casually beside Crabbe and Goyle, who looked like they had no idea what this class was about.

Eventually it was a Ravenclaw that sat down first, immediately followed by one of her friends.

Aurora and Elizabeth exchanged a look and were the next to sit down, the rest following suit.

Madam Leighton looked incredibly amused at the sight of the uncomfortable students. "Welcome students to magical sex education." She said brightly, once everyone was seated. There was a wave of nervous giggling. "Here I'll teach you things that surely will be important in a few years." She said, her voice still calm.

"Most of you will become sexually active within the next few years and it is important to know the consequences of sex before you do." She walked over to the two large boxes standing on top of her desk and gave them both a tap with her wand.

The boxes changed form, and all of a sudden two very realistic bodies were standing on her desk. One male's and one female's.

Cue to another round of giggles at the sight of the naked bodies, showing everything about the opposite sex's body.

Madam Leighton went to stand next to the female's body and tapped on it again. It changed again, this time not showing the outside but the inner-workings of the woman.

"Let's start with the most obvious and most deathly risks of all...pregnancy. Especially childbirth is a very dangerous and very painful process that has a lot of risks attached to it. Women can die of infections, severe bleeding or being too weak to bare such a stressful few hours. Of course, these dangers are far more common in the Muggle world than here but still, even the best healers can't always save you.

"Now, I don't want to scare you all. Because of course pregnancy and having a baby is usually a wonderful thing. I just need you to know that not everything is sunshine and daisies...."

And it went on like that for the rest of the hour. Leighton showed them all the parts of a female body that had something to do with pregnancies and explained to them the risks. She promised next lesson would be more fun, because then they would learn more about how a child is created. Needless to say, many of the students walked out of the classroom, redfaced and unable to look at the other sex for about three days.

The next few hours would be spend outside and gave some of the students the opportunity to cool their red faces. Snow was still thick upon the grounds, and the greenhouse windows were covered in condensation so thick that they couldn't see out of them in Herbology. Nobody was looking forward to Care of Magical Creatures much in this weather, though, as Ron said, the Skrewts would probably warm them up nicely, either by chasing them or by blasting off so forcefully that Hagrid's cabin caught fire.