Chapter 4.14 (The lonely boy)

Oooh a chapter that's going to reveal another secret. Most of you guessed this one already. I think it was almost common knowledge by the time the first interaction between the two was written but I do hope you aren't disappointed.

Love from me
♡♡♡♡

"How do you think he did it?" Ron whispered.

"He didn't do it, you dungface!" Aurora exclaimed angrily. She had half a mind to just hit him with her Transfiguration book..."I trust Harry. Harry said he didn't do it. So I'm going to assume he's innocent until proven otherwise, Ronald."

Aurora, Elizabeth, Victoria, Hermione and Ron were sitting in the crowded common room. They were all awaiting Harry's return. They were still explaining him the rules of the Tournament.

"I thought that he would at least tell me the truth." Said Ron.

"Say one more word, Ronald and I will slap you so hard-" Elizabeth threatened. It seemed that now only four students in the whole of Hogwarts believed Harry didn't put his name in. And the worst part was that Harry's best friend Ron, wasn't one of them. Aurora wondered how Harry was going to take it if he found out.

"Whatever...I'm going to bed. You just keep on waiting for the hero to come back." Ron said coldly, storming up the stairs to his dormitory.

Not five minutes later, a blast of noise erupted from within the common room. Harry had just entered. He was being wrenched inside the common room by about a dozen pairs of hands, and was facing the whole of Gryffindor house, all of whom were screaming, applauding and whistling. "You should've told us you'd entered!" Bellowed Fred. He looked half annoyed, half deeply impressed.

"How did you do it without getting a beard? Brilliant!" Roared George.

"I didn't." Harry said. "I don't know how-"

But Angelina had now swooped down upon him. "Oh, if it couldn't be me, at least it's a Gryffindor-"

"You'll be able to pay back Diggory for that last Quidditch match, Harry!" Shrieked Katie Bell.

"We've got food, Harry, come and have some-"

"I'm not hungry, I had enough at the feast-"

But nobody wanted to hear that he wasn't hungry. Nobody wanted to hear that he didn't put his name in the Goblet. Not one single person seemed to have noticed that he wasn't at all in the mood to celebrate...

Jace had unearthed a Gryffindor banner from somewhere, and he insisted on draping it around Harry like a cloak. "I'm tired!" He bellowed finally, after nearly half an hour. "No, seriously, George - I'm going to bed-" Harry managed to shake everybody off, and climbed up to the dormitory as fast as he could, not noticing Aurora and Hermione.

Aurora got up and wrestled her way through the crowd as well, walking up the boys' dormitory. She needed to speak with Harry. He needed to know what Moody thought happened.

"I'm not stupid, you know!" She heard Ron yell as she stood in front of their door.

"You're doing a really good impression of it." Harry snapped.

"Yeah?" Said Ron. "You want to get to bed, Harry, I expect you'll need to be up early tomorrow for a photocall or something." 

Aurora opened the door just in time to see Ron wrenching his hangings shut, leaving Harry standing there, staring at the dark red velvet curtains. Harry's mouth was slightly agape but his eyes were what upset Aurora the most. There were silver tears brimming in them and he looked defeated, hurt and betrayed.