Chapter 4.16 (The Summoning Charm)

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! I DID IT! I GRADUATED! YOU'RE NOW READING A BOOK WRITTEN BY A LAW STUDENT!

I'M STARTING UNIVERSITY IN SEPTEMBER AND DEAR LORD FINALLY!

Anyway, enjoy this next chapter and ignore my happiness.😉
Love Pip
~~~~

The Gryffindor common room
Gryffindor Tower, Hogwarts castle
22 November 1994

A few minutes after midnight, it was only Aurora, Elizabeth, Victoria, Hermione and one of the Beauxbatons girls left. The carriage was finally heated and the foreigners moved out of the Gryffindor dorms. It was for the best too because Aurora had lost count on how many times Elizabeth had tried to kill Fleur.

The Gryffindor girls, happy to have their room back, went upstairs to sleep. Aurora being the only one staying behind, waiting for Harry who still hadn't returned.

Whatever Hagrid was telling him must've been important or Harry would've been back in the common room a long time ago.

Aurora sat down on the couch in front of the fire. The room was in semi-darkness, the flames the only source of light. Aurora used it to read a book while watching for either Harry or Sirius to appear. When the clock striked one o'clock, she sighed and placed the book beside her. She looked around the deserted common room, Harry still wasn't here and neither was Sirius.

Aurora turned back to stare into the fire and almost fell off the couch. Sirius's head was sitting in the fire. She crouched down by the hearth and said "Papa....how're you doing?"

Sirius looked different from Aurora's memory of him. When they had said goodbye, Sirius's face had been gaunt and sunken, surrounded by a quantity of long, black, matted hair...but the hair was short and clean now. Sirius's face was fuller, and he looked younger, much more like the old photograph Aurora had seen of him, which had been taken at the Potters' wedding. "Never mind me, how are you? You haven't written at all."

Aurora looked away, softly pulling her sleeve. "Yeah - about that...I-"

But Aurora was saved from explaining by the portrait hole opening and an invisible figure stepping through it. "Harry!" She said in relief as Harry took off the Cloak and crouched down beside Aurora. His face breaking into a smile at the sight of Sirius's face in the fire. Aurora hadn't seen him smile in days.

"Harry, how are you?" Sirius said, smiling.

"I'm..." For a second Harry tried to say 'fine' - but he couldn't do it. And then, he started telling Sirius everything. About how no one believed he hadn't entered the Tournament of his own free will, how Rita Skeeter had lied about him in the Daily Prophet, how he couldn't walk down a corridor without being sneered at - and about Ron, Ron not believing him, Ron's jealousy..."....and Hagrid's just shown me what's coming in the first task."

"Really? What?" Aurora asked.

"Dragons, Ara, it's dragons, and I'm a goner." He finished desperately.

Sirius looked at him, his silver-grey eyes full of concern, eyes which had not yet lost the look Azkaban had given them...that deadened, haunted look. He had let Harry talk himself into silence, without interruption, but now he said. "Dragons we can deal with, Harry, but we'll get to that in a minute - I haven't got long here...I've broken into a wizarding house to use the fire, but they could be back at any time. There are things I need to warn you about."

"What?" Said Harry.

"Karkaroff." Said Sirius. "Harry, he was Death Eater. You know what Death Eaters are, don't you?"