Chapter 13

Back to school. I'm starting to see why everyone hates this place so much, its a vicious circle of tiredness and work, and its seemingly never ending. At least I'll get to see Phil again, its been three weeks now. 

The gates seem to get bigger and bigger every time I walk through them. Everything is still grey, I doubt that will ever change. My first lesson is English, as always. I have to leave after second period, for therapy. Won't that be fun.

My mood perks up the minute I see Phil in the classroom. I push the door open quickly and walk in, I'm the only student here yet. He beams at me when he sees me, and I dump my bag on the desk and head straight towards him. 

"Dan!" He pulls me into his arms. "I've missed you so much"

"Hi Phil, how've you been?" His answer is muffled in my hair. I pull away slightly, then lean in for a kiss, when he pushes me away.

"Not here Dan" Phil says in a hushed tone. I feel slightly hurt, but I know I'm just being silly. Of course you can't kiss Phil here, this classroom is surrounded by students and teachers, every one of whom would just love to rat us out should they find out. Its a harsh reminder of how our relationship is so immensely frowned upon, but that's something I guess I'll come to terms with eventually. Its worth it for Phil.

The next few weeks go by in a blur of essays, mock exams, endless homework, and all nighters to finish reading. Not getting the right amount of sleep isn't at all good for my depression, and the voices always seem angrier the day or so after I pull an all nighter, but I have to get my exams out of the way. Anyways, seeing Phil very week or so at the hostel always cheers me up.

One morning, about two weeks before we break up for christmas, I walk into the english classroom about half an hour before the lessons starts, to find Phil sat at his desk, with his head in his hands crying. I rush over to him, flinging my backpack to the side and grabbing a chair to sit next to him and wrap my arms around his waist, resting my head on his back.

"Phil, shhhhh, what's wrong?"

"Dan, I can't, Smosh have decided not to make videos anymore" Wow. 

"Phil! I was so worried! Don't do that to me Philly!" He looks up at me with such genuine sadness in his eyes, but I can't help but laugh. Bless him, he's so upset about these Youtubers. He gives me a teary eyed smile.

"Sorry, I know how ridiculous this sounds" He says, sniffing and wiping away the tears but smiling all the same. I give him a quick kiss on the cheek and move the chair, then go to sit at my desk to read through my essay. I'll see Phil later anyway, so there's no need to talk now and have anyone get suspicious.

***Time skip***

I walk up the "Easy Sleep" driveway, to see one of the lights on inside. Phil must be here already. I push the door open, and walk to our normal room, opening the door slightly before seeing Phil curled up facing the other direction. I creep in and climb into bed behind him, reaching my arms around his waist to hug his torso. He feels so strong, so safe. I shut my eyes and gently bite his neck, kissing softly. He lets out a soft moan, acknowledging my presence.

"Dan, you've got me just where you want me, don't you." 

I smile into Phil's neck, and continue to kiss him. I pull him round to face me, and bury my face in his neck, cuddling up to him under the duvet. I can smell his aftershave, and the shampoo he uses. Its comforting, and I fall into a cosy sleep for a couple of hours.

I wake in almost the same position, but to find Phil gone, and a piece of paper left on the table next to the bed.

Sorry Danny, I had to go :( I'll see you tomorrow at school, hope you slept well ;)

Aww Phil, he's so cute. I wanted my goodbye kiss though. Ah well, guess I'll have to wait another week or so. Its almost ten, I should probably be getting home before mum starts to worry. 

I get back to find a message on my phone from a blocked number. I open it, curious, only to regret it.

You're going to hell, you faggot.