Notice Her

<AN/> this chappie is dedicated to ___ReApEr___ for their cute drawing of Jouri, Go check it out and their other stories 😁😁 </AN>

Rio Grande High
December 2, 2015
8:11 MST
Jaime's POV

I landed a good distance away from the school and retracted my armor. Looking around to see if anybody saw me, I walked up to the school and entered, walking briskly to my class. I was up all night thinking about the team, at the end of the mission Nightwing and Wonder Girl brought me on I was convinced and had to join. That was my first mission, but my second I'm sure won't be as exciting. Nightwing still didn't trust Potpourri or whatever her name is and he put me in charge of watching her.

I walked in the class and received a death glare from Mr. Grey. "Tardy again, Mr. Reyes?"

I groaned. "Sorry." I said rolling my eyes. I went to take my seat in the back.

"Late again and I'll have to hold you after school to make up for lost time." he threatened.

I didn't pay any attention so him though, I caught blue eyes looking at me as I passed. She's in this class with me?? How? I thought she was a sophomore! I stopped in my tracks and stared at her. She looked back at me, surprised. "Have you always been here?" I asked her, my eyebrows furrowed.

Her surprise turned into a smile when she nodded.

How have I not noticed her? "Really?"

Mr. Grey cleared his throat. "I'm sorry to interrupt you but I was actually teaching a lesson before you decided to waltz in and disrupt my lecture." he started. "So I'm going to have to ask you to talk to your girlfriend somewhere other than my class and find your seat quickly." there were giggles around the classroom and I gritted my teeth.

Why does Jaime Reyes take this humiliation from the Grey when he could easily be eliminated?

The Scarab spoke. "Because if I killed everyone who humiliated me there wouldn't be that many people left." I sighed. I looked around and saw the familiar confused faces. "Lo siento, sorry." I apologized to Mr. Grey and I went to take my seat in the back. I couldn't stop wondering about Puppy... Penny? Polly.

10:29 MST

During our free period I sat in the school library next to Tye, finishing up some homework. Polka-dot still on my mind. I decided to take my questions to my best friend.

"You know this girl, kinda tall, tan skin, long black hair, and blue eye-"

He cut me off "Pouri?" he asked.

Pouri! Right. Gotta remember that. "You know her?"

He raised an eyebrow. "Dude, you serious? I asked her to the equinox dance last year."

My eyes widened. "You went out with her?!" I stood and a teacher shushed me from across the room. I sat back in my seat quietly but kept my eyes on Tye.

He looked away and frowned. "Well... No. She turned me down-"

He was cut off by my laughter and I was shushed once again. I quieted my laughs to talk to him again. "Qué pena. She turned you down?" I couldn't help but note my joy at the news.

He grimaced. "Yeah, but only cause she was busy practicing her gymnastics routine for her competition the week after the dance- which she invited me to." he said full of pride.

I twirled my pen in my fingers. "Did you go?" I looked at him and he looked down at his text book on the table.

"Yeah."

"She any good?" I asked.

He turned to look at me. "Dude, she's amazing."

11:10 MST

I watched Portia and her blonde friend talk and laugh on the picnic tables outside of the lunch room. They were on their free period but underclassmen couldn't leave the school grounds. Tye and I had just finished getting our lunch through the line.

"Dude, why don't you just go talk to her?" Tye asked me, startling me out of my stalking moment.

"What? Nah. I mean... She's busy." I gave the excuse.

"Busy? She's just talking." he furrowed his brows.

"Yeah.. But they could be talking about something important." I say as they burst into laughter.

"Are you scared of her or something?"

Does Jaime Reyes fear the Pouri?

"No!" I exclaim.

Heart rate increased. Why do you lie, Jaime Reyes?

"Then go over there and talk to her." The insisted.

"Fine!" I stood, and immediately Patty's eyes flickered to meet mine. I took a step back out of fear and tripped over someone. I fell on the ground but kept my eyes on her. Her and her friend snickered at me.

Tye came over to help me up. "Way to impress her, bro." he grinned.

"Whatever." I stood and sat back down at the lunch table.

"Well you'll have another chance in Trig."

My eyes widened. "She's in our Trig class?"

He looked at me like I was crazy. "Uh, yeah. Where have you been this year? Seriously."

I rubbed the back of my neck. "I just haven't had time to focus on girls." I said, which wasn't a lie.

He rolled his eyes at me. "Oh wait, I just remembered we have a test in Trig." he thought for a few moments. "I guess you'll have to wait until after school, at least that will give you some time to figure out what you want to say to her."

I grimaced. "I guess."

"Hey, you could even walk her home, she lives in the same neighborhood as you." he nudged me.

"She does?!"

"Dude, yeah, you technically follow her home, you pass her house everyday."

"Okay, one: you're a stalker. Two: she's either the best chameleon ever or I'm oblivious."

"I'm not a stalker, I just notice things, unlike you." he argued, smile on his face.

"That's exactly what a stalker would say."

He shook his head. "I moved on, It's all about you and Pouri now..... Jouri." he laughed.

"No pos wow. Really?" I rolled my eyes.

"It fits." he shrugged and we both laughed.

I looked over again at the girls. This time the blonde was the only one laughing while Pouri was blushing. I wonder what they could be talking about. How could I have not known of her this whole time? She seems like a pretty nice person. Smart, pretty, the whole package, definitely not the type of person I hung around, but still. I'm glad I finally got my head straight and noticed her.