Play Fair

*I'm so sorry for the long hiatus, I've been in school and it's hard to write when you're suppose to study and all you want to do is watch Leverage and Merlin all day. 

If you haven't read Hollow Promises yet, you totally should. Cheers!*

Grocery shopping.

Even in the Phoenix heat the words rang cold on the concrete, "Y/n", Sam doesn't drop his gun, "You need to stop this," he swallowed.

"Stop what?" Y/n's skin had a waxy sheen not from sweat. Only when she spoke did she feel the fangs prick her lip. In her startled state she blinked, horror ghosted by as she retracted them.

"Y/n," Dean circles her left side with a gun also drawn, "What a coincidence,"

"Two on one? You never did like playing fair," Y/n doesn't even flinch, but her eyes track to him when the hammer to his gun cocks back. Her body collects more tension as she wipes away the blood from a busted lip, "Hi Dean... you can relax boys, I'm not a mindless beast."

"A beast yes, mindless... undecided," Sam bit.

Y/n recoiled, "I thought I was the only one who could bite," she ran her tongue over the edges of her teeth, "You know I could blame you Sam."

"What?"

"Sam," Dean warned.

"That night we split apart. You could've chosen to stay with me, but instead you let me face those vamps on my own," Y/n stepped into a shadow, knowing her eyes would reflect whatever light it caught, "You pounded away at the door as she sucked me dry. Making it just in time to hold me... as I turned in your arms." Y/n returned to the light, and the hole in the wall that she first came through, "Now I've never held a grudge but that night, you were too late."

"Was it you?" Dean interjected.

Sam remembered to breathe when he heard his brother's voice.

"What?" Y/n asked.

"Has it been your trail of bodies we've been following?" Dean clarified. The only sign he showed of being touched by Y/n's speech was the tightening of his grip.

Y/n looked puzzled and didn't respond right away, "No."

"Not convincing Y/n," Sam raised the barrel he didn't know he'd let slip.

"Would you believe anything I say?" She scowled for the first time. Her breathing is picking up gradually and even from twenty feet away, her eyes were consumed by her pupils.

"Y/n?" Dean saw it the same time Sam did.

"I have to go," Y/n runs past Dean, no where near full vampire speed, but certainly not possible if she was human.

Sam just curls his fingers around her jacket collar when she whips her arms back, sliding right out of it. 

The brick crumbles beneath her hand as she hooks around the corner without breaking stride.

*Do I even have readers still? I've been gone so long :O This is such a puny chapter but I needed to put something together so that you ladies and gents knew I hadn't forgotten you. So happy summer break has finally begun!*