Chapter 13

(Jessica' POV)

I woke up with a bit of a headache. I couldn't remember anything after I had taken the sleeping pills. Did I do something stupid?

"Kyle?!" I shouted. Where was he?! Why wasn't he with me?! What happened with the fight?! I heard footsteps on the stairs, then my bedroom door opened.

"Mornin', Jess." Kyle said. I sat up in bed. What's up with him? He's not smiling...

"What happened with the fight last night? Who won? Who got hurt?" I kept asking him. He came over and sat on the edge of my bed.

"Calm down. Luke's gone." He whispered. I raised my eyebrows. Did I hear him right? He obviously saw my confusion so he continued. "They killed him, Jess." He told me. I looked down as my brain tried to register that. Luke's...dead? He's actually dead? Did that mean he wouldn't bother us anymore?

"Oh." Was all I could say. I was so glad that this was all over.

"So, uh, do you remember anything after you had those pills last night?" He asked. Oh no. What did I...?

"What did I do?" I asked. He sighed and scratched the back of his head.

"Nothing. It dosen't matter." It must be bad. I raised my eyebrow.

"Tell me Kyle." I orded him. He shifted so he was facing me, but he took a minute before he spoke.

"Ok well, you kinda....kissed me." What!? I kissed him?!

"Did you stop me?" He nodded, but looked a little disappointed about it. "Why?" I blurted out. Why? Nice one, Jess.

"Because you had pills and I knew it wasn't you." He said. I sighed. So I've been wandering for a few days now...should I tell Kyle how I felt? I mean, obviously he still scared me a little, but I couldn't help the feeling I had towards him. What if I tell him and he thinks we can be all close and cuddly? I don't want to be that close to him yet...should I tell him?

"Kyle..." I trailed off. He stood up, not letting me finish.

"It dosen't matter, Jess." He said, referring to what he was talking about. He started walking away so I jumped out of bed and grabbed his arm, spinning him around.

"Kyle." I whispered. I wish he would listen to me.

"Yes?" He asked.

"What if I wanted to kiss you?" I knew it was a risky question, but I think I wanted to...He raised an eyebrow.

"Why would you want to kiss me? You don't even like me." Should I tell him that I do have feelings for him? Is this the right time? Ok, I have to tell him. It's now or never.

"I do like you, Kyle. I guess the side affects on the pills showed my feelings. Right now, and when I met you, I was too scared to share my feelings. I guess it's partly because sometimes you do scare me, but I have to get used to it." Ok, so it's finally out there. Lets just hope he's ok with how I felt, and the reason I didn't tell him.

"W-what?" He asked in disbelief. I nodded. I'll soon find out if I made the right desicison about telling him.

"Kyle! We're here!" I heard someone shout from downstairs, ruining our moment. Kyle growled.

"Turn around." I told him. He turned around then I changed into my shorts and top that I came here in. Kyle had washed them a few days ago. "Ok. Let's go downstairs." I told him while dragging him out of the room. In a way, I hoped he'd forget about what I just told him.

We walked downstairs and found all of his friends. His pack.

"Dude, this phone vibrated." Matt said, chucking my phone to Kyle. I raised an eyebrow as Kyle opened the text. Who could be texting me now that Luke's gone...? I read it over his shoulder.

'You didn't think Luke would leave without a second in command, did you?' It read. I sighed and looked down.

"Do you think this is ever going to stop?" I asked Kyle without looking up. He put an arm around my waist.

"We will end this, Jess." Kyle growled."Guys! There's another one." He told everyone. Matt growled and grabbed the phone. Who could it be though?

"We'll sort it. Luke's meeting spot must be somewhere around here. We'll look for a trail. Stay here with Jess and don't answer the door to anyone. You understand?" Matt told Kyle. He nodded.

"I understand." He said in a flat tone.

"We'll be back soon." Matt said. Kyle nodded.

"Stay safe." I told all of the guys. I didn't want them to get hurt because of me. They all smiled at me.

"We will Jess." Matt said. They all left then it was just me and Kyle. It was a little awkward. Was he going to being up what I said?

"Let me get you some breakfast." He told me. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the kitchen.

He made me some egg on toast and I smiled at him. He can cook!

"Thanks for everything, Kyle." I whispered. I really meant it. I was really grateful. He smiled at me.

"Anything for you, Jess." He told me. I started eating my breakfast and my phone buzzed. I frowned. Kyle ran to get my phone then came back into the kitchen.

"Why can't we just throw the phone away?" I wandered, sighing.

"We could, but we needed to know where Luke would be, and now where this other guy is." I guess I understood. He pulled a chair up next to me and opened the text."It's from your mum." He whispered. I looked over his shoulder and read the text.

'Hey, Jess. I'm missing you. Maybe you could come and visit? Bring Luke!! Mum xxx' It read. Oh no. This is so not good.